Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Rom path not working

THEETAPRIME

Can't seem to get my rom path right on Nvidia shield TV ,when i select a game i get Warning- Attempting to launch a missing rom.

I have edited my rom path in my SNES ini file in Android-settings to match my rom location but nothing is working.

I tried moving my rom folder to my internal storage" /storage/emulated/0/roms" and tried "/mnt/sdcard/roms" i edited my SNES INI to match, and downloaded the Retro Arch cores.

Just trying to get one working until i get the hang of the files system in the new Marshmallow update.

Any help would be awesome

Can't seem to get my rom path right on Nvidia shield TV ,when i select a game i get Warning- Attempting to launch a missing rom.

I have edited my rom path in my SNES ini file in Android-settings to match my rom location but nothing is working.

I tried moving my rom folder to my internal storage" /storage/emulated/0/roms" and tried "/mnt/sdcard/roms" i edited my SNES INI to match, and downloaded the Retro Arch cores.

Just trying to get one working until i get the hang of the files system in the new Marshmallow update.

Any help would be awesome

Have you used Hyperspin before??? And if so, are all the names matching (database/wheel/ROMs), and also unzip your roms and make sure the extension is correct in the .ini file :)

On the Android TV, I'd expect this to work - /storage/emulated/0/roms if you have a /roms folder in /sdcard.   It's possible /sdcard/roms would work too.

Check your extension is correct.   

In my case, I put everything in a Hyperspin folder so use the following:

rompath=Emulators/Super Nintendo Entertainment System/roms/
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
romextension=zip
parameters=cores/snes9x_libretro_android.so

It will be something simple I'm sure.

I think the 1st step is to confirm the game works in retro arch, your full directory path should show up in there. That is where I found mine. /storage/emulated/0/

Check you have no spaces in you .ini rompath! That got me stuck for about 3hrs!!

If you use Es file explorer put your roms folder in the Home tab (same place as hyperspin folder) just for testing

I don't have my roms within hyperspin folder so have to use the the full file path in my ini

rom path = storage/emulated/0 etc

Hope this helps

Archived