Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Acorn BBC XML

SamC

• 2 weeks later...
anybody?

how does one use VK codes with a SEND Or SENDINPUT command?

thanks

craig

i dont know if these are correct

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375731(v=vs.85).aspx

Ok, took a little time and figured out how to get the VK codes. Still not sure how to use them yet, but this is how I found them:

Create a new txt document and paste this into it:

#InstallKeybdHook
VK14::
msgbox, you pressed capslock!
return

It really doesn't matter what the script does, so long as it loops. Rename it to KeyTest.ahk and run it.

Once running, you will see the AHK icon in your task bar. Double click on it.

Then click View -> Key history and script info

You will see a table like this:

VK  SC    Type    Up/Dn    Elapsed    Key        Window
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
74  03F         d    4.31    F5                 C:\Users\Ron\Desktop\KeyTest.ahk - AutoHotkey v1.1.14.03
74  03F         u    0.14    F5                 
4A  024         d    2.08    J                  
4A  024         u    0.14    J                  
4B  025         d    0.51    K                  
4B  025         u    0.14    K                  
4C  026         d    0.22    L                  
4C  026         u    0.14    L                  
74  03F         d    0.36    F5                 
74  03F         u    0.16    F5                 
74  03F         d    1.11    F5                 
74  03F         u    0.14    F5
Press [F5] to refresh.

The two colums you need to concern yourself with are the first two (VK & SC).

The format for the key is this for an example:

J -> {vk4Asc024}

L -> {vk4Csc026}

F5 -> {vk74sc03F}

Now, off to figure out how to use it. ;)

Thanks,

Ron

any more luck?

craig

Craig,

Give this a try. I added a key method 1 & 2 into the module. The default (Method 1) should work for you. For others and myself, Method 2 works. ;)

It's not very elegant, but seems to work.

BeebEm.ahk:

http://pastebin.com/w4458vUG

BeebEm.isd:

http://pastebin.com/brMDE5ad

Please test and let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
cool

thanks for your work

craig

Craig,

Use the isd above and this module:

BeebEm.ahk - http://pastebin.com/kmjczayx

Also, for this module to be completely automated, all the .ssd files need to have a customer rom setting for the command.

Example:

I have an ssd rom called "3D Convoy (1984)(Doctor Soft)(3DCONVY start).ssd"

So, go into the Module settings/Rom Settings and enter 3dconvy in the startCommand box.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Ron

• 7 months later...

Hi guys, sorry to jump into the conversation......I've been trying the get Beebem working and I've found this topic - thanks to the details here I think I'm getting somewhere at last! :)  But what worries me now is this question - do i have to add a Rom Settings entry for every game!! ??? All 1000+???!!! I'm sitting here laughing btw :)  Maybe I could bribe one of the kids

LOL...

The only ones you need to set the START command for are the games that require you to run them.

They are very dependent on the rom set you have.  Mine is 3194 roms.  Many of them do not work and there are tons of dupes.  But out of those, there are only 1139 of them require the START command.  I would be glad to share my module ini file if you rom names match mine.  ;)

Thanks,

Ron

Hi guys, sorry to jump into the conversation......I've been trying the get Beebem working and I've found this topic - thanks to the details here I think I'm getting somewhere at last! :)  But what worries me now is this question - do i have to add a Rom Settings entry for every game!! ??? All 1000+???!!! I'm sitting here laughing btw :)  Maybe I could bribe one of the kids

Hi Ron

Thanks for the reply & very kind offer.  I'm not sure exactly what set I have, what I have at the moment came with a bunch of other BBC stuff I grabbed from PD.  It's got 1602 items in the Games folder if that helps any, you're right though - most of the .zips have various/hacked versions (that I'd rather not use if I'm honest).  Obviously I'm hoping to add these to my Hyperspin setup but the naming is different from the DB too.  Looks like I've got a lot of work to do!!!  Finding artwork too is challenge :)

Thanks again, Steven

Steven,

Just PM me if you want the ini.  Otherwise the rom names should have (??? START) in them.  The ??? is what you need to enter in the module -> rom settings to get the games to run.

Example:

File: 3D Convoy (1984)(Doctor Soft)(3DCONVY start).ssd

Enter: 3DCONVY

If they are some other extension or do not have the start in the file name, they should just work without setting the rom setting.

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron

Thanks for the reply & very kind offer.  I'm not sure exactly what set I have, what I have at the moment came with a bunch of other BBC stuff I grabbed from PD.  It's got 1602 items in the Games folder if that helps any, you're right though - most of the .zips have various/hacked versions (that I'd rather not use if I'm honest).  Obviously I'm hoping to add these to my Hyperspin setup but the naming is different from the DB too.  Looks like I've got a lot of work to do!!!  Finding artwork too is challenge :)

Thanks again, Steven

• 1 month later...

Hi Ron

Thanks again for your .ini, but I still can't get the darn thing to work - you're 100% correct when you say any game without the (??? START) works fine.  I can get those games to run fine manually from the emulator by using the LOAD & RUN commands but when I try it from the front end those parameters don't seem to be getting passed through.  I'm sure it's me & I'm not doing a particular step correctly.  I've dropped your .ini in the Beebem Module folder - is there any thing else I need to do?.  I've tried to add those variables to the ROM settings in RL but I get an error relating to the "[" or "]" in the filename (can't add specific game settings to anything with those characters in the. 

Hi Steven,

You have to rename all your roms to remove the "[" and "]".  I used a file renaming utility and did a replace:  Replace [ with ( and ] with )

Thanks,

Ron

Hi Ron

Thanks again for your .ini, but I still can't get the darn thing to work - you're 100% correct when you say any game without the (??? START) works fine.  I can get those games to run fine manually from the emulator by using the LOAD & RUN commands but when I try it from the front end those parameters don't seem to be getting passed through.  I'm sure it's me & I'm not doing a particular step correctly.  I've dropped your .ini in the Beebem Module folder - is there any thing else I need to do?.  I've tried to add those variables to the ROM settings in RL but I get an error relating to the "[" or "]" in the filename (can't add specific game settings to anything with those characters in the. 

Ah! as simple as that eh!? lol

Alright, done that....I guess I need to change the db too? If I'm doing that is there any reason why I can't just remove the brackets anyway?

Anyway, this is what I get now.....within the emulator, at the prompt I get OSCLI "Run <Game Name>", with a cursor beneath - however, at this point, if I just type RUN the game launches.

Thanks for the reply btw

Archived