Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

best current BF lcd for a standard body build?

buzzdalf

I am getting ready to start a virtual pinball build, been reading through a number of past build threads, but it seems most of the 'preferred' panels in those threads are TV's that are no longer in production.

With the upcoming bf deals, I was wondering if anyone knows if any of these would make good playfield screens? I want it to have as little visible bezel as possible, edge to edge would be best.

Any thoughts?

Samsung do a nice ultra thin 40 that with a small slot fits a std body cab.

Just need to look for screens that are around the 20.5" width and have a nice even width bezel top and bottom. Sometimes a little challenging to get the true width as often sizes are quoted with the stand.

If you are willing to slot the cab, you can get away with a max of around 21.5" wide that would of course leave you with a 1/4" of material on each side.

WWW.Xtremepinball.com

I use a Samsung UE40EH5000 (European version) and fits perfectly. Below you can see a picture with the TV over a standard cab.

post-73501-142870612293_thumb.jpg

The bezel is thin, as well as television. This model is cheap because it's an old serie without network connection or 3D, but still for sale.

I use a Samsung UE40EH5000 (European version) and fits perfectly. Below you can see a picture with the TV over a standard cab.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35708[/ATTACH]

The bezel is thin, as well as television. This model is cheap because it's an old serie without network connection or 3D, but still for sale.

It does not look like it will fit inside the cabinet. You put it on top of the wood? like an oldschool build?

I was looking at the Panasonic TX-L39E6EK, it is relatively cheap, and supposed to be only 519 mm high, which should JUST fit inside a standard cabinet, without the need for decasing. It does look like it has a protrusion at the bottom (for the logo)

Anyone used this TV?

It does not look like it will fit inside the cabinet. You put it on top of the wood? like an oldschool build?

Yes... It's the best way if you use an original standard cab. But if you make your own cab from scratch you can route 1cm deep rail for side...

Archived