Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Unable to start roms in HS for Shield TV

MegaNiklas

Hi! 

I have installed HyperSpin and retroarch from play store (followed the guide for beginners on this forum) and connected an external drive with HyperSpin on the root of the drive to the Shield TV. I can start HypserSpin up and all the artwork and videos are working fine and the system looks absolutely georgeus, but i cant load roms. I've set up for NES, SNES and Genesis, but neither roms work. I have tripple checked the rom paths to make sure they´r correct and verified tht my roms are named exactly as the systems ini, but still nothing.

Figured it had to be something in retroarch that wasnt working and I soon figured out i need to add cores to it. I did that for the systems mentioned above but the only change when i've got a core active in retroarch and open up HyperSpin and select a game is that the shield switches app to retroarch from HyperSpin. Nothing else. Cant find anything good online though, tried a couple of thinks but to no success. Anybody got any ideas about this? How do i make this work? Thankful for all the help i can get!! 

Kind regards,

Niklas 

What is the message you get when you select a game in the NES wheel or does the screen just flicker?

First i got "Attempting to load missing rom" but then i changed the path to the correct one and now the screen just flicker. Like it's trying to start but are unable to for some reason. 

Send me your settings file for Genesis, and I'll take a look. You must have a mistake in it or a space somewhere. I've just checked (Picodrive) and Genesis and neither are supposed to support (.zip), so I'd unzip a ROM and make sure the name matches the database (.xml), and remove all other ROM extensions from your (.ini) a part from the one your ROM is in.

post-66959-0-49187600-1460669324_thumb.png

post-66959-0-61458800-1460669335_thumb.png

Thanks alot for your help Sting, and you are right. After i uninstalled RetroArch and installed a nightly build instead i can now lanuch Genesis roms (the ones i unzipped). However i can only lanuch roms if RetroArch is shut down when i lanuch the rom within HyperSpin. I dunno how to back out of a rom straight to HyperSpin and select a new one. any ideas here? 

Feels like im getting closer and closer.. :) 

Once you've launched a game from HyperSpin, press the green triangle which should take you to the Retroarch menu. Now go to (settings/input/input hotkey binds) and define a button to exit Retroarch (I use the back button). Now back out until you see quick menu at the top, click this and resume game for about (20 seconds), return to the Retroarch menu and exit. Now launch the game again, and try the back button to exit, the reason I say to exit through the menu the first time is so it saves the settings.

Once you've launched a game from HyperSpin, press the green triangle which should take you to the Retroarch menu. Now go to (settings/input/input hotkey binds) and define a button to exit Retroarch (I use the back button). Now back out until you see quick menu at the top, click this and resume game for about (20 seconds), return to the Retroarch menu and exit. Now launch the game again, and try the back button to exit, the reason I say to exit through the menu the first time is so it saves the settings.

Thanks again Sting, it worked perfectly. ONly Emulator im having problems with now are SNES. Have 3 cores installed, thinking i have to remove some of them to make it work.. 

Also wondering the following: Is it possible to copy the HyperSpin and RocketLauncher dirs to a different USB drive at root and use that drive with my Shield? Or are HyperSpin and RetroArch in the Shield someone connected to the first drive? Making a copy for my brother and when i copied over the dirs to a new drive and tried it out on my setup, HyperSpin hangs when starting the app. Any ideas here? 

Still cant SNES to work though. The roms are working directly via RetroArch. But the screen just flicker when i try to launch a rom from HyperSpin. Verified my rompath and romextension twice now, they are correct. The roms are extracted aswell. 

Still cant SNES to work though. The roms are working directly via RetroArch. But the screen just flicker when i try to launch a rom from HyperSpin. Verified my rompath and romextension twice now, they are correct. The roms are extracted aswell.

Use a working .(ini) and edit for SNES, I tend to find if it just flickers with no toast warning its usually a BIOS or setting file problem, and as SNES doesn't need a BIOS I'm guessing it's your setting file :)

I'm sure I remember getting the flicker when trying to launch a game and fixed it by removing a "space" that had be put in after a full stop.

I edited an ini file with Es file explorer and it automatically puts a space after the full stop with the on screen keyboard. Hard to see on the tv.

Worth a look

I'm sure I remember getting the flicker when trying to launch a game and fixed it by removing a "space" that had be put in after a full stop.

I edited an ini file with Es file explorer and it automatically puts a space after the full stop with the on screen keyboard. Hard to see on the tv.

Worth a look

Use a working .(ini) and edit for SNES, I tend to find if it just flickers with no toast warning its usually a BIOS or setting file problem, and as SNES doesn't need a BIOS I'm guessing it's your setting file :)

@thatman84 : What do you mean by "full stop" ? 

@Sting I will try that. Do you know where i can find info about how a SNES ini should look? Im referring to cores, romextension and so on.

@thatman84 : What do you mean by "full stop" ? 

@Sting I will try that. Do you know where i can find info about how a SNES ini should look? Im referring to cores, romextension and so on.

He means (.) :D

Here's the emulator settings :)

Great news, i changed 2 parameters in the SNES ini: searchsubfolders (or similar) to true and also changed "parameters" to snes9x_libretro_android.so. Working fine now, thanks for all your help! 

On a sidenote, which core do you guys prefer for genesis? Noticed some input lag at my brothers for picodrive core.. 

Great news, i changed 2 parameters in the SNES ini: searchsubfolders (or similar) to true and also changed "parameters" to snes9x_libretro_android.so. Working fine now, thanks for all your help!

On a sidenote, which core do you guys prefer for genesis? Noticed some input lag at my brothers for picodrive core..

subfolders don't work in android

Great news, i changed 2 parameters in the SNES ini: searchsubfolders (or similar) to true and also changed "parameters" to snes9x_libretro_android.so. Working fine now, thanks for all your help! 

I use Picodrive, and have never had a problem with lag :/

subfolders don't work in android

I use Picodrive, and have never had a problem with lag :/

@ badhemi then it must have been the core setting that solved it :) 

@ Sting me2, and i dont have any lagg either. Might have been something else, or nothing at all. Maybe we were just overly sensitive at the time :D 

@ Sting me2, and i dont have any lagg either. Might have been something else, or nothing at all. Maybe we were just overly sensitive at the time :D

Was going to say you were going to have problems if you had lag emulating Genesis :D

Was going to say you were going to have problems if you had lag emulating Genesis :D

hehe jep. The lag wasnt for the running of the game though but the time it took from when i pushed a button to Sonic actually jumped. Inputlag might be the correct word for it.. :D 

Archived