The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Anyone know where to get blueprints for Punch-Out!! cab ?

MontyQ

Anyone know where to get blueprints for Punch-Out!! cab ? would like to make one from scratch and I can't find the info I need. Nintendo cab blueprints are easy but punchout is a whole other story.

cheers to anyone that can point the way

Thats cool that you want to make a punchout cab... have you considered that the input lag on the punchout and super punchout roms is really really bad, just thought you'd like to know so you can research before you start to build one or restore one like I did :)

I had to use the original pcb to actually play the game with a good experience, the mame drivers for the punchout games was written really sloppy from what others have told me...

here's my restore

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?30192-Sorhp-Super-Punch-Out!!-Restore

Thats cool that you want to make a punchout cab... have you considered that the input lag on the punchout and super punchout roms is really really bad, just thought you'd like to know so you can research before you start to build one or restore one like I did :)

I had to use the original pcb to actually play the game with a good experience, the mame drivers for the punchout games was written really sloppy from what others have told me...

here's my restore

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?30192-Sorhp-Super-Punch-Out!!-Restore

Thanks I saw your looks awesome, and ya I after reading I was thinking same use the real pcb board for it to play perfect.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I need decent blue prints tho with all the measurements and such like the jakobud type.......

Good thing in mean time I'm starting a cocktail table as punchout may take till summer lol.

I'll also start a thread on cocktail once I start getting at it and doing repairs and art/pc

cheers all and ty all

Take apart the model in sketchup and add dimensions (in any unit of measurement you want). All the information is there. Its supposed to be accurate within a 1/2" - so you might have to slightly tweak things while you're building, but its a hell of a lot closer than starting from scratch.

Right now its assembled as a "component" - right click on it and say "edit component" - then start removing the graphics. It'll take a little work (I did a spy hunter cab in about 15 minutes).

Take apart the model in sketchup and add dimensions (in any unit of measurement you want). All the information is there. Its supposed to be accurate within a 1/2" - so you might have to slightly tweak things while you're building, but its a hell of a lot closer than starting from scratch.

Right now its assembled as a "component" - right click on it and say "edit component" - then start removing the graphics. It'll take a little work (I did a spy hunter cab in about 15 minutes).

Awsome cheers for all the info.

I can take some exact measurements of mine to fill in the gaps if you need, just please make it easy on me, I don't have much spare time ;)

cheers and thanks, right now just started a cocktail build until I can figure this one out. I could always buy yours if you deliver to Canada ;)

Lol, I've been toying with the thought of selling it...

There's a playchoice 10 cabinet dual monitor (punchout cab) on eBay that the guy is willing to ship, I think the cabinet is only $250, it's missing 1 monitor, but it's a great start if you want the real deal with out trying to dupe one, I was just told that the Nintendo cabs have 5 different thicknesses of wood, if you do it correctly, as I am thinking of making several dk's from scratch, I really need one to look at while I build!!

After I wrote all that, I remembered you built Popeye, so you should be good to do your own punchout, the bottom halves of the cabinets are the same pretty much, you just have to stretch the top to accommodate the 2 monitors

After I wrote all that, I remembered you built Popeye, so you should be good to do your own punchout, the bottom halves of the cabinets are the same pretty much, you just have to stretch the top to accommodate the 2 monitors

cheers, I shall be done my cocktail cab this week. Then punchout be the best....shipping from USA to Canada would cost a ton, but ya I made popeye so I bet it can't be too hard if I take my time.

again ty :)

Archived