Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

retroarch menu in hyperspin help

Henderson33

Hi, for some reason when i enter a game that uses retroarch through hyperspin i cant get the retroarch menu up using the green button on the joypad. I have to force close hyperspin. If i go direct through retroarch the menu works fine. Is there a way to reset all button configs without having to uninstall and reinstall retroarch? Thanks

Mingmong

I don't know of a way round this. Unless you have root access. Or maybe you could try plugging a sub keyboard in and trying that to get in the menus with that

Have you set any hot keys up? I'm sure you have tried all the buttons but if you set a hot key for enable hotkeys the you need to press that first before the shield button.

If you do uninstall I suggest changing your directories in both hyperspin retroarch and normal retroarch to a folder you can access. It is doable just needs a little time to sort out.

If I'm in a game thru hyperspin I have to hit the back button to Go in retroarch. If im in retroarch messing around with a game not thru hyperspin ibhave to hit green button twice. I changed the got keys to pressing the right stick down to get out of game and back to hyperspin. Go in settings then to input then to hit keys Then look for exit retroarch. Then it's your choice

Thanks for the replies. I have tried every combo possible. I did set enable hotkey as press right stick like badhemi but for some reason no combo using right stick will work. Looks like reinstalling is looking like the only way.

thatman84 what do you mean by "If you do uninstall I suggest changing your directories in both hyperspin retroarch and normal retroarch to a folder you can access"?? How do i do that?

Thank you

Thanks for the replies. I have tried every combo possible. I did set enable hotkey as press right stick like badhemi but for some reason no combo using right stick will work. Looks like reinstalling is looking like the only way.

thatman84 what do you mean by "If you do uninstall I suggest changing your directories in both hyperspin retroarch and normal retroarch to a folder you can access"?? How do i do that?

Thank you

So I had a play around and as soon as I enable hotkeys (I did right thumb) it won't let me enter the menus with the shield button. Not had any time to see what button combos will work.

I editted my core config file and turned off enable hotkeys

Mingmong. I mean if you can't sort your problem and do uninstall. I have changed where all the retroarch files save to so I can access them. I can edit the .cfg files if I make a mistake.

It's worth doing. There is another thread on here about controls I did a mini guide but didn't work for the that person.

I assume you have a file explorer.

On first open of retroarch (not through hyperspin)

Don't update anything

Go to settings and directory have a look at the paths

create folders to match on your shield (I put mine in com.retroarch/files) except core/core info & cache

Go back to retroarch change your directories to the new folders

Go online updater and update everything except cores

Now all the retroarch files are easy to access

I'll do some better detail in this soon

I don't know why you guys are having problems. If you are in hyperspin and want to go to retroarch menu you have to hit back button. If you are in retroarch playing around you have to hit the green button twice fast

I don't know why you guys are having problems. If you are in hyperspin and want to go to retroarch menu you have to hit back button. If you are in retroarch playing around you have to hit the green button twice fast

Try changing your enable hotkey to a thumb stick and you will see the problem.

I want to use the back button and thumb sticks for games I play not for menus and exit. So need a combo to get out

Thank you

Not sure if I'm confused now!

If you press right stick only at anytime retroarch quits back to hyperspin wheel?

If you hit back button only on hyperspin launched games you get the retroarch menu right.

When playing through retroarch only (not hyperspin) you hit shield button you get the menu.

If that's all correct then I think you have 2 sets of config files and you don't have "enable hotkey" setup.

If not we'll I don't know:)

Which one the regular, debug or develop

Not sure which one, guessing latest nightly normal

the autoconfig folder is locked to the root folder structure.

If you can't get at it you would need to follow some of my other posts about changing your directories under RA settings directory.

Once you have changed the directory before closing go to online updater and update autoconfig. It then downloads all the files RA uses to your new directories. (You have to create the folders, I put all mine in com.retroarch/files)

Best to do this in regular RA first then just change your Hyperspin RA directories

I think if you try in HS it won't update until you save on exit. Then if you open up again it won't see any files so you will be stuck.

it is media

just downloaded virtual boy

it has box art, snaps and titles and a dat file

its for scanning a directory of roms. (retroarch use NO-Intro which is handy for us hyperspinners but than again why bother with displaying boxart in retroarch. may be aanother handy source of media though

Archived