Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

connect shield tv to pc

mihaliousa

Sure is. In fact, I have the usb fastboot drivers installed so I can root. Also, there is an app called Nvidia Shield Utility App that is useful without root and will assist you in installing fastboot drivers.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/shield-tv/general/app-amazon-firetv-utility-app-v0-01-t3131937

So, to answer your question, yes you can hook it up to a PC lol

I figured it was worth letting you know additional benefits of hooking it up to a PC. I personally use root and set up smb to copy to and from pc and my shield TV without having to disconnect it from my TV.

I personally use root and set up smb to copy to and from pc and my shield TV without having to disconnect it from my TV.

I avoid rooting and so have used wifi ADB or an ftp server app (running on the Shield) to move files when connected to my TV.

That utility app allows for wireless adb, and has an interface to allow pushing files & installing apk's. I haven't used it but using smb or ftp I'm sure is way easier for the amount of back & forth involved with setting up emulators.

i totally agree with you rez, i think an ftp apk is the best solution for my needs. Just got myself a shield tv to carry on my hyperspin setup i was running on my shield tablet, i downloaded the ftp server as suggested in nvidia shield scene, followed the tutorial and everything worked like a charm :). Rooting the device is not necessary at the moment

Archived