The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Built my first bar top with outboard player 2 controls (Need Advice please)

rvolk

post-103788-142870617709_thumb.jpg

I have completed my first arcade cabinet. It was a lot more work than I expected, but the help of info on this forum I was able to get it done. I have now changed my mind and I want to add a spinner to my main cabinet. I don't want to make a new control panel if I don't have to. But i'm not sure where I should mount the spinner I have coming in the mail (turbo twist 2). I think my only option may be installing it in the front of the panel just below the control panel and use it like a volume knob. Just not sure if anyone has used a spinner like this or if you guys have any other ideas. The main cabinet is 16" wide with a 17" lcd and the outboard player 2 control panel is about 13" wide (it uses a db-25 connection to the main cabinet.

Thanks

Randy

I would personally redo it, by putting your extra buttons on the right (player 1 start, player 2 start, and coins I'm assuming?) on either the front or the sides of the control panel. Then you could put the spinner where they are.

You could also take off the plexiglass and cover up 3 out of the 4 buttons on the right, mount the spinner on one of them, and then as mentioned above put those 4 buttons on the front or side. Could plug the holes up with whatever such as drilling out plugs on a spare piece of wood and gluing in that, and maybe slap some artwork (even something simple or one color) on between the plexi and the control panel to hide the holes completely after you plug them up. Even some simple contact paper would hide it nicely.

That being said, you could side mount it somewhere like you suggested. I don't see it being much fun to use in a game that way, so I would strongly suggest you try playing some games with the spinner on it's side before you start drilling out holes.

The buttons on the right side were enter(esc) on top player 1 and 2 start(coin) and the bottom was (shift). adding a third box with the spinner might be an idea I'll have to think about. I could use some of those button plugs and relocate the four buttons to the front, just wondering how ugly they look. I may have jumped the gun on the spinner as well it will probably cost me $80 by the time it gets to me.

Archived