Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Gun Games or Shooting Games????

ro1and

Depends on your definition of "gun games"

Do you mean Light gun games or just regular shooter games?

I made a genre wheel for light gun games a while ago, As fo the individual games there is no individual pack that I know of so you just have to download a complete emulators meda pack.

It's for Light gun games.

Also, another question. How do you make it run on rocketLauncher? I decided to give it a try. First I went to hyper HQ and made Gun Games. So it came out on Rocket Launcher but without a little icon. Does that mean it's not going to work? Do I need to add a icon for games on the RocketLauncher folder? Thanks.

What i did was start off with the Mame Gun Games Genre's XML.  I Then added the other light gun games i had from other systems like PC, NES, SNES, PSX, PS2, Sega Model 2, Sega Model 3, Sega Naomi, Sammy Atomiswave, American Laser Disc and WoW Action Max.  Unfortunately my machine isn't fast enough to emulate Wii / Wiiware games properly or else i'd add those as well.

You will need to copy the game wheels, themes and videos from the folders into the light gun media folder.

You will also need to define each exe for the non standard mame games.  These exe's will lookup the settings file for the relevant exe.

Hope that helps.

I did similar but I run it through Mame Genre's as opposed to a seperate wheel.

Start with Mame.xml and filter out all non lightgun games.

Then manually add others such as T2 etc then save it.

Then add lightgun games to your genre wheel and link it back to the xml you just made.

TITCHGAMER.... Thank you for the feedback. I have everything setup through Hyperspin. (the wheels, main menu, etc) But I am having trouble with the XML database. This is what I'm doing: I went to HyperHQ and made a wheel and I called it "Gun Games". I did the same procedure just like the others. I put the Gun Games database XML in the database folder under Gun Games folder. Now when I go to Rocket Launcher, I add my Roms path which is the Mame roms path and when I choose the emulator it doesn't give me an emulator to choose from...it's emtpy? How do I go by this or tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks for your help.

You need to add the list into the Genres folder.

You dont do anything in RL or Hyper HQ.

Once you have put it into the Genres folder go into mame or which other emulator you use through hyperspin and press your genre button.

Then scroll through your list and you should find "gun games" or whatever you called it.

Enter that menu then play away :)

Hope that helps.

• 11 months later...

Genre's databases are separate files, so if you take the gun genre...and create a main menu system called Gun.. and stick the database in the corresponding folder you will have a gun system. associate rlauncher MAME module with "gun" and it should work... you will eed to edit the file though...the module I mean.

yea cool iam on the same track (i can get them to show up but i cant get them to run.)  almost got it i think but now its saying rom match extension

cheers but i mite start over again and try step by step lol 

14 minutes ago, KlopjerO said:

associate rlauncher MAME module with "gun" and it should work... you will eed to edit the file though...the module I mean.

Could you help me this please i though i was doing it right but i still cant get RL to pick it up ??

cheers heaps mate :D

32 minutes ago, xnitramx said:

Could you help me this please i though i was doing it right but i still cant get RL to pick it up ??

cheers heaps mate :D

Go to the rocketlancher/modules/mame folder and open mame.ahk with notepad(dont use wordpad or word or such Rich text word processor).

on line 9 you will find Msystem = followed by all sorts of systems that the module is associated with. just add "gun", to that line and save. the mame module will now associate it self with the system called gun.

I hope this is useful to you. PS. dont forget the comma

the line should now look like this.

MSystem = "gun","AAE","Aamber Pegasus","Acorn Electron","Amstrad CPC"

so in rocketlauncher you have this system called gun and you told it to use mame module to run.  and now it finds an archive called alien 3 and it find to no supported extension in the archive. have you tried turning check for rom extensions off ?

2 minutes ago, KlopjerO said:

so in rocketlauncher you have this system called gun and you told it to use mame module to run.  and now it finds an archive called alien 3 and it find to no supported extension in the archive. have you tried turning check for rom extensions off ?

Yip Yip  and

where can i find that option i coulkdnt find it b4  cheers? 

3 minutes ago, xnitramx said:

Yip Yip  and

where can i find that option i coulkdnt find it b4  cheers? 

if you select gun system, you should have on one of the option screens, i think it's either general settings or settings, an option near the bottom that does something with Rom Checks. depending on your screen resolution you might have scroll down in the options pane..

18 minutes ago, xnitramx said:

lol now iam really in love lol thanks heps mate been at this all day now i go go get some food lol thank you heaps a 

could you write up a Tutorial of the Setup process for using the wiimotes as a gun in MAME ? it would be an awesome addition!

so what programs you use, how to configure those, what hooks to use, what to configure in mame. we love tutorials over here :)

Archived