Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to redistribute videos, images, wheels, themes and bezels to other "Classic" HS wheels

sajazzman007

Good Afternoon All,

I have all the images, videos, themes, wheels, bezels setup for Mame in HS/RL and thought it would be a great idea to start creating "Classic" folders to assist in scanning through 7000+ games. As I start to setup all the classic folders, I began to think I will have to copying wheels, themes, videos, images, bezels for RL etc. I was about to just copy and paste my current MAME vids, images, etc for each classic folder however that is a lot of wasted space.

I look through some of the forums for solutions and saw someone mentioned Link Extensions however not in great detail. Is there a program that can redistribute HS media files in one location to using classic folders via.xml files or will this have to be manually done?

Thanks 

The video part is easy, it's under HyperHQ for each system you can point it to a video folder.  So all the classics get pointed to MAME video folder.  As for the other media, I have used the hyperspinrommanager program to run my MAME media against each classic database and then copy that over to their respective folders.  I also have a mame.xml that was ran through don's tools in order to remove all of the classics and crap games (trivia, mahjong, othello, etc.) leaving a "mame left over" xml.  That is now my main mame.xml so then running the hyperspinrommanager against that database, copies the media needed only for the main mame system.

The video part is easy, it's under HyperHQ for each system you can point it to a video folder.  So all the classics get pointed to MAME video folder.  As for the other media, I have used the hyperspinrommanager program to run my MAME media against each classic database and then copy that over to their respective folders.  I also have a mame.xml that was ran through don's tools in order to remove all of the classics and crap games (trivia, mahjong, othello, etc.) leaving a "mame left over" xml.  That is now my main mame.xml so then running the hyperspinrommanager against that database, copies the media needed only for the main mame system.

Thank you so much damageinc86. I tried this out with my Atari Classics and it got all the wheels right and videos right however several of the themes are wrong (give or take about 50). I will have to go through and search for the correct themes later. This was a far better solution than what I was going to go with.

Thanks guys I appreciate it. I went with the first method and it worked like a champ however, I will look more into Symbolic Links for the future :)

I tried to do the same with Williams Classic but for some reason the ROMs are all jacked up. It freezes up RL. Maybe i need a new ROM set. All the ROMs are green but they don't work right. I have .173 right now. I don't know if they were fixed in the update or what.

Lastly off topic, I also read up on individuals using Zinc emulator or MAME, what would you recommend and why?

I went with the first method and it worked like a champ however, I will look more into Symbolic Links for the future :)

I tried to do the same with Williams Classic but for some reason the ROMs are all jacked up.

You could have all your manufacturer wheels up and running with no duplicated media and no issues in just a few minutes using Symbolic Links.

Lookup Hypermint 2.0 in the RocketLauncher forums. It creates the symbolic links for you and offers a UI that makes editing xmls easy. As long as your setup isnt on a network drive it will create all the symbolic links for you as well.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Archived