The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Ms. Pacman Cocktail Groovy Arcade Non Destructive

jtslade

It will be a long time until I have room to have my full size arcade so I need to maximize the two games I have.

The Neo Geo Mame cab plays horizontal stuff very well and with the. Nanano 25" they all look amazing.

But tuning vertical 4 way stuff on it sux so I decided to non destructive convert my Ms. Pacman cocktail to a mame multicade using the amazing groovy arcade Linux system.

The hardware: who cares about exact specs anymore ..

Original Ms. pacman Midway cocktail cab

Atx-micro pcb with Low end Amd

On board Ati video

2 gb ram

32 gb USB stick

Ultimarc JPac

Jammaboards.com PAC to Jamma PCb

PC power supply

Twisted quarter had the multicade CP's and I used the start buttons.

New leaf buttons for 1 and 2

Tornado Terry's 4 way pacman cocktail joystick (micro switch, still looking for a leaf cocktail 4 way stick to use instead)

Wire

Lead Solder and Iron

Removed

Original Pcb and placed in storage

uqedebup.jpg

This is what the original PCB looked like on my stock G07

Capped it And replaced the fly back which made it brighter but still had black lines and blurry

zu3etaba.jpg

Mounted the mobo and JPac and jamma boards PAC to Jamma in the cab

y2e6e2em.jpg

Hooked up an Lapai TAmp for sound

I don't have any overlays designed yet.

etegejyp.jpg

uqabeduv.jpg

yqu4abu7.jpg

Screen was still blurry so swapped the tube and now it's perfect

abepanys.jpg

a5etaveb.jpg

a4edyty7.jpg

nice cab ! Wondering I am using a very similar audio amp in my current project and wondering do you have any sort of external volume control? If so how do you set it up?

I ordered one of these for my cab. Includes a remote and inputs for iPhone. You could always hack an amp and get the volume knob run to a spinner on the cab - I'm just too lazy for all that heh...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350973561435?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

nice cab ! Wondering I am using a very similar audio amp in my current project and wondering do you have any sort of external volume control? If so how do you set it up?

No I am going through the g

Games now and finding a good volume sweet spot

-7 in the Mame.ini is what usually go for

For adjustment on the fly ill pull up the slider in the menu for volume while in game TAB menu from Mame

Since this is Linux there is no CabVol program.. In windows I run this and use Enter up and down for volume then left for mute

Other idea would be to wire up a Pot to my amplified wire before it goes to the JPac

Then hide the pot somewhere,

I am using a Lepai amp with a pair of two-way 4" kickers and it sounds awesome. I basically set the amp volume/bass/treble max volume and max windows volume to my liking. I have two buttons wired to to my I-PAC2, C and V. I then wrote a simple AutoHotKey script to send windows volume down when C is pressed, and volume up when V is pressed. Pressing them together will mute. I run the compiled script at Hyperspin launch. I am simply using windows volume control instead of manually turning the amp up/down.

Here is the script I use:

#NoEnv

SendMode Input

SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%

C::Send {Volume_Down}

V::Send {Volume_Up}

C & V::Send {Volume_Mute}

Archived