Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Access retroarch menu while in game

Chitolocz

Hello everyone, first time here on the forums and I would like to say everyone has done an awesome job in creating hyperspin and the tutorials on how to configure it. Thanks to you guys I am able to enjoy retro gaming on my shield TV.

So this weekend I was able to install and configure hyperspin and retroarch. I was able to successfully get the NES, SNES, and N64 in working order with the box art everything. I thought I'd do some fine tunning and remap the controller scheme. SNES works great didn't Ned to do anything to it, but didn't like the placement of A and B for both the NES and N64. I was able to remap the controller for NES, but when I hit the shield button to remap the config for the N64 retroarch stops working and I get kicked back to the hyperspin menu.

I've been reading around and not sure if it is due to mupen64plus. I've read that some say it works some say it doesn't. Mupen64plus works on my shield TV no problem and its the downloaded core from retroarch.

So basically to sum things up I can play n64 no problem straight from retroarch and able to enter and exit the config menu, but if I launch a game from hyperspin and try to access the retroarch menu retroarch stops working.

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated

No luck swapping button only causes it to crash when I hit the newly assigned button. So I guess its the action of bring up RA menu while running mupen64plus. Also tried loading the core in RA and changing the settings there but it doesn't load the config from hyperspin

Finally figured it out! Did some digging around in the forums and found out the the menu driver can't be set to xmb if you plan on using mupen64plus.

I was unable to change the config no matter what I tried even setting the options in RA directly, closing out, and then launching hyperspin. So what I did was open a different emulator (NES with super Mario Bros 3) and once I the game is running change the menu driver to rgui and save. I launched a game from hyperspin and success no crashing and the menu appears.

Just a side note I don't have per core settings enable.

I didn't do any kind of overwrites. I was super frustrated and uninstalled retroarch rebooted and reinstalled just because I thought starting fresh would help (I did nothing at all to my hyperspin folder). Once I had reinstalled I downloaded the cores I use. When you are done with the cores exit RA and launch hyperspin. Load a rom and once the game is loaded enter the RA settings menu and change the menu driver to rgui and then save current config. Quit RA and you should be back in HS load a n64 rom and you should be good to go. Not only am I able to remap the controller but also enable the memory expansion.

No actually I'm not rooted. It was killing me to figure out what the heck was happening and I noticed that ONLY when I ran mupen64plus from hyperspin it wouldn't load the default retroarch.cfg and created it's own reteroarch.cfg in android/data/com.retroarch/files not sure if that is where the default is found but the only reason I noticed this was when I first ran a n64 game from HS it showed the prompt in the lower left side saying it saved the cfg file.

Archived