Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME 0.176 Filtering XML

newoski

Hi Guys,

I'm really struggling to filter down the MAME 0.176 XML to the following:

- Games with 3 buttons or less

- Games with 4 buttons or more

I've tried all versions of HyperTools, including Mr. Sparkles updated release, as well as RomLister. RomLister comes close, but seems to be missing games. For example, it didn't include dkong when I tried to create an XML with 3 buttons or less. 

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Reeeally want to update from 160, but completely stuck. 

Thanks!

Hi Guys,

I've tried all versions of HyperTools, including Mr. Sparkles updated release, as well as RomLister. RomLister comes close, but seems to be missing games. For example, it didn't include dkong when I tried to create an XML with 3 buttons or less.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction? Reeeally want to update from 160, but completely stuck.

Thanks!

I believe the next time the MAME lists are created they will have those games split out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the next time the MAME lists are created they will have those games split out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Button based separation wasn't on the horizon yet, but I'll keep it in mind when I update my program. :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks!

Do you have rom path and current MAME executable path set in HyperHQ?

Rom path is needed to complete the "game" column correctly.

Updated MAME executable path is needed due to Don's HyperSpin Tools being pre-RocketLauncher and getting its information from HyperHQ. Easy to remember to change this path in RocketLauncher, but normally not needed elsewhere. In this case the change is needed in HyperHQ to build the mamelist.xml from v0.176.

<mrsparkle version> Filter HyperList to complete the right hand info columns, including button numbers from a current v0.176 MAME xml as the "source". Re-order button number column, select those games, add to your revised list and create the revised xml. Name accordingly and move to database folder.

Sorry, not at home or info would be better.

Archived