The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

What is the largest 4:3 LCD monitor out there?

DerekAsbury

I have used the Samsung 213T or 214T (21.5") in the few arcades I have built, but would like to know what other options there are out there. Not looking for a widescreen monitor, just the old school 4:3 ratio.

My current cab has a lot of extra room, but the 32" widescreen monitors really don't give me any extra play field when you factor in vertical and the black bars on everything else...

thanks.

I have used the Samsung 213T or 214T (21.5") in the few arcades I have built, but would like to know what other options there are out there. Not looking for a widescreen monitor, just the old school 4:3 ratio.

My current cab has a lot of extra room, but the 32" widescreen monitors really don't give me any extra play field when you factor in vertical and the black bars on everything else...

thanks.

As far as I ever saw the 21.5 is probably the largest they make for 4:3, I personally had a call today at my daytime job involving replacing a camera system monitor that was 4:3 and the biggest my company was even able to get was 20 so....

I like my 26" makvision. 1024x768 is what I run everything at and it looks amazing imho. Replaced the 17" cga crt in my gauntlet legends cab. Good 175.5 degree view angle is great too!

He's talking LCD I'm assuming? A lot of times people ask questions about what's the biggest 4:3 monitor but usually of they mean CRT they say it.

If there is a 26 inch 4:3 LCD monitor I'm in Ill say that much....

He's talking LCD I'm assuming? A lot of times people ask questions about what's the biggest 4:3 monitor but usually of they mean CRT they say it.

If there is a 26 inch 4:3 LCD monitor I'm in Ill say that much....

Yeah, specificall looking for flat panels. I did find a "Plantar WS231" that is 23", but it has a 25ms response (vs 8ms on the Samsungs) and the other stats are pretty rough. They are also pricey for an ancient POS monitor... :)

Archived