Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Thoughts on Machine Spec

badadd

Hello Everyone,

I have another thread about using older equipment to get a Hyperspin setup going, but I am toying with the idea of buying something.

I am trying to achieve up to more modern emulation, like Cemu and some more modern PC games, however I am not expecting to run high performance games like CoD or Witcher.

What are your thoughts on something like this:

Ebay Link

Spec is:

AMD Athlon A8-7650K 4.2GHz OC Quadcore Processor
AMD Radeon R7 Series Graphics
16GB 1600MHz RAM/Memory
1TB Hard Drive

The only mods I would do, would be an SSD with the OS and Hyperspin on, then use the 1TB HDD it comes with for my games?

Is there a preferred OS for Hyperspin? Didn't know if jumping straight in at Windows 10 64bit was wise?

Thank you.

Looks pretty good to me, I'm not familiar with AMD processors anymore, and I don't like that they don't tell you exactly what card it is, but I have a R7 260x in my cab and can run emulators up through Supermodel very well.  2016 Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 4 run incredibly well too, I'm pretty happy for the time being.  Also, I'm running Windows 10, works great.  Enjoy!

Looks pretty good to me, I'm not familiar with AMD processors anymore, and I don't like that they don't tell you exactly what card it is, but I have a R7 260x in my cab and can run emulators up through Supermodel very well.  2016 Killer Instinct and Street Fighter 4 run incredibly well too, I'm pretty happy for the time being.  Also, I'm running Windows 10, works great.  Enjoy!

Thank you HyperNewbie!

I will say that emulators are still mainly CPU based rather than GPU based and single thread processing.  I think that setup would struggle with Cemu as my current G3258 overclocked stutters at time and it has a better single thread CPU performance than your chip. 16 GB of Ram is also overkill when even the CEMU is only suggesting 6GB or more. I think Intel chips are still the way to go as they generally have the higher single core performance.  In my opinion I would spend more on CPU power and wait on a GPU.

Archived