The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Cant update cores in Retroarch?

Norkusa

For the past several months, I haven't been able to update cores in Retroarch for some reason on my Shield TV running Hyperspin. I'll load Retroarch, go to Online Updater, then go to Core Updater. Selecting any of the cores listed does nothing though.

I remember when I first set up Hyperspin + Retroarch on my ShieldTV, I'd see a 'updating' message w/ progress bar or percentage at the bottom of the screen whenever I updated. Is something broken in Retroarch? Or am I missing something real obvious here?

Thanks for the help! Uninstalled/ReInstalled and that fixed my core updater problem. But now some of my emulators are not working (Which I kind of expected might happen).

Sega CD, TG-16 CD, PC-Engine CD, Neo Geo Pocket, 3DO all either freeze or crash when I start them. PS1 emulator runs, but i get a 'no BIOS found, except bugs!' message when I start a game. Did uninstalling RetroArch clear out all my system BIOS too? Some other emulators with installed BIOS run work fine though (Dreamcast), so I don't understand exactly what it is.

'

Archived