Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Commodore Amiga

Styphelus

I downloaded the latest db from the db section of this forum (not hyperlist) and the latest WHDLoad rom set from PD.

However, there are a lot of rom names that don't match. The artwork and video is even worse. I have about 980 wheels, 2D cover, 3D Covers and carts that don't match the naming of the latest DB. I tried using Rom Renamer on the video and artwork and even the roms themselves but without any luck. It just won't rename anything properly.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Manually renaming this massive amount of artwork is out of the question.

I downloaded the latest db from the db section of this forum (not hyperlist) and the latest WHDLoad rom set from PD.

However, there are a lot of rom names that don't match. The artwork and video is even worse. I have about 980 wheels, 2D cover, 3D Covers and carts that don't match the naming of the latest DB. I tried using Rom Renamer on the video and artwork and even the roms themselves but without any luck. It just won't rename anything properly.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Manually renaming this massive amount of artwork is out of the question.

You're gonna want to check out the English Amiga Board for the best and latest source for the goodies.

As for the art - most of it should just sync.  Did you try that ??

It doesn't sync. I tried that. It syncs the ones that match the db, the problem is a lot of them now have different file names so they are not syncing.

The names should be close enough to use dons tools to rename them easily though. Only the version numbers on the end of the files will have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
On 30/09/2016 at 7:06 PM, Styphelus said:

I got the WHDload set from PD. It's from January 2016.

I'm more worried about the artwork. I got the roms almost all renamed but I have over 2000 wheels, videos, 2D covers, 3D covers and disks. 980 games in each of those need renaming.

Did you ever get them renamed? I tried Dons which resolved nothing and I left Tur-Matcher running last night and it also did not work (although I did leave the settings at default.)

Image 1.jpg

2 hours ago, gigapig said:

Did you ever get them renamed? I tried Dons which resolved nothing and I left Tur-Matcher running last night and it also did not work (although I did leave the settings at default.)

I did get the roms, wheels and 3D covers renamed but I did it all manually. What a pain. I gave them their proper names, not the WHDload names and removed the version numbers as well. I don't have plans to ever update this set again.  Still need to rename all the 2D covers.

2 hours ago, Styphelus said:

I did get the roms, wheels and 3D covers renamed but I did it all manually. What a pain. I gave them their proper names, not the WHDload names and removed the version numbers as well. I don't have plans to ever update this set again.  Still need to rename all the 2D covers.

Oh that sounds like hell. Not sure how to proceed then other than rename the art to match my unofficial db and Roms.

@Styphelus Would you mind hosting or sharing that with everyone when your done renaming ?? :) I think i have the set Tur hosted on his ftp. a folder Austin posted.

Also, One from the ftp years ago. but haven't went thru the daunting task yet either in full renaming. Great system, played it a bunch. Never owned one growing up.

if not, no worries. will get around to that one day ;) 

you made the full switch finally? kool !!! it is gaining a lot of popularity fast. Im yet to try out the full BigBox but will sooner or later. no rush for me.

Took another break from warcraft and been getting in some good retro game time and a wide variety of PC games. Usually when I go back to WoW I dont mess

with frontend much. What did you rename every to?? if not the official database here? or what is the naming convention? I thought you were refering to re-named

everything to the official database. A lot matches in the sets I have and looks ok, just not re-named to recent updates or official.

i am having same issue and i seem to have figured it out...

i made a hyperlist of the all the video files,

then i used Dons tool to rename all my roms to match the hyperlist (which has all the correct names based on video files) and create new roms in a seperate folder (just in case something went wrong).

looks like it works except i need to delete a lot of the duplicate roms that i have so that it chooses the best one (when sorting through the hyperlist)

if you do it this way, after all completed...

then you need to remember to create a new hyperlist for the roms you just renamed and save in hyperspin/database folder with correct name

Archived