Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Cant get joysticks to control hyperspin

robmcc83

Hi all.

I have spent weeks perfecting my hyperspin setup and everything is setup up and ready to go.

Then i plugged in my joysticks and buttons and hyperspin does not function correctly with them.

I am using the xin-mo dual arcade, all works perfect in my emulators but i cannot get it to navigate through hyperspin correctly.

I set it up within hyper HQ up=up down=down etc.

What happens is that player one doesn't work at all  but player 2 does what it is suppose to except left and right on the joystick don't do anything even though ive set it to skip 40 at a time.

If I press up or down it does not move up and down one game at a time sometimes it will others it will go up or down as many as it likes, ive also had it when ive pushed joystick up the wheel is constantly spinning and ive had to force close hyperspin from windows task manager as no other buttons worked at all.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

Hi thanks for you response, if I use joy to key will that have any effect on Mame, as I have Mame setup perfect just the way I like it.

How does the startup script work?

Also I notice the buttons work fine with hyper spin, it's just joystick that don't, could I add a couple of extra buttons in my cp just to navigate through hyper spin.

Thanks

The joystick controls in hyperhq do not work correctly and should be disabled. They may seem like they work but eventually your wheel will just spin uncontrollably or move in the opposite direction or move two or three spots at a time. Just disable them!

The startup script will take care of all navigation in hyperspin. It is not used for any emulators.

If you are just running mame then the startup script is all you need. If you plan on adding more systems, you may want to look into joytokey. You do not need both though!

Sent from my B3-A20 using Tapatalk

Spawk is a a genius there's no doubt about it..  but I just recently went threw this nightmare wondering about joy to key  and the script etc. I have the same xin mo and I just went threw joytokey (

)  follow his steps and your golden..  if you still have a problem then you have a config file issue I can help with that too (im as green as they come with all of this but I definitly  got this figured out

Archived