Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Retroarch MAME 2014 core

RaduNastase

On 8 February 2017 at 5:08 PM, aftermath17 said:

I currently have a perfect .139u1 rom set configured.  What I'd like is to make separate wheels for the newer MAME cores only with roms that were added or improved.  Does that make sense?  Now I just need to find a resource that lists every rom added with each release ;)

This will help your quest 

http://www.progettosnaps.net/messinfo/changelog.txt

• 2 years later...
On 12/28/2016 at 11:06 AM, OptimalKiller said:

Damn

you are going to have to root the Nvidia shield i'm affraid.  As you have to copy the mame2014_libretro_android.so  to the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores folder within android and change permissions and file owner for it to work with retroarch.  

If you do decide to root the Nvidia shield you have to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the Nvidia shield back to default. 

I have attached the core to this post,  if you do decide to root the nvidia shield.

Sorry I couldnt be of any further help.

mame2014_libretro_android.so

Hello friend, 

Do you, by any chance, still have and can re-upload the Mame2014 android core? The link seems to be down and the core is, yet again, nowhere to be found. This was the absolute best core for abdroid devices. Thank you very much man!

5 hours ago, RaduNastase said:

Hello friend, 

Do you, by any chance, still have and can re-upload the Mame2014 android core? The link seems to be down and the core is, yet again, nowhere to be found. This was the absolute best core for abdroid devices. Thank you very much man!

Iirc the mame2014 core has been renamed to mame2015. Its still the same core but they realised the romset its based on was slightly later than described before.

The mame2015 core is still available through the online updater 

44 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Iirc the mame2014 core has been renamed to mame2015. Its still the same core but they realised the romset its based on was slightly later than described before.

The mame2015 core is still available through the online updater 

Hy man, thanks for replying,

While it may appear so, this is sadly not the case. The Mame2014 core was indeed based on a January (or February) "2015" mame release, but it was based on 0.157 (or 0.159 i don't recall 100%) version, while the existing Mame2015 one is 0.160.

There are 2 issues here:

1. The 0.160 mame saw a jump in system requirements compared to 0.15X. And for mobiles this comes as a BIG step backwards.

2. The Mame2014 android core had a built in machine CPU slider (under/over clocking) which is vital for emulating certain games (like for example the Cave cv1000 shmups, but many, many games benefit from either underclocking or overclocking).

Archived