Jump to content
Site is currently back up for stability test, we think we have isolated the issue. If the site starts crashing again we will take it offline to continue repairs ×
RaduNastase

Retroarch MAME 2014 core

Recommended Posts

Hy guys,

 

i've been looking everywhere, and i mean everywhere for the Mame 2014 core (0.152-ish romset) and i can't seem to find it anywhere. 

It is the core that first ran Cave SH3 hardware on android, around the end of 2014, begining of 2015.

 

The only Mame cores i can find are the 2000, 2003, 2010 and 2016 (runs sh3 but it is twice as slow) ones.

 

Anyone still has it and care to share it with me?

 

Thanks guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been through this several months ago. There is a thread on what Cave games work, so I tried testing my games on android to help out the OP.

I think it was Mame2010 we wanted but it still isn't showing up on the online updater for android. I've seen posts online @libretro with people asking for it back for CPS3 and CAVE...some have even tried compiling their own version of Retroarch with the core built-in but doesn't look like people have had much luck.

I sideloaded afba to my shield TV. It plays some of the CPS3 and Cave roms...that's the best alternative I have found, I hope it helps.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Here is the thread I think. It's quite a good read! I wondered what happened to Sting. Maybe he started to get a little angry and left

https://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/15680-setting-up-cavemame-on-hyperspin-android/?page=1

Yes that's the one, my mistake it was mame2014! I have no idea what happened to Sting, we did clash a bit lol I see he's helped plenty of people and is a valued member of the forum...I've been "away" for a while, I hope he returns soon.

I've been concentrating on another PC build for a coffee table, funnily enough I have come back here recently to check on the progress with android emulation. The mameGit seems no better now and even though afba plays some games I'm still under the impression we are missing out.

I did find THIS for you all to look at, it's something I had already attempted. My issue was when in Retroarch, once I tried to alter the source for the buildbot. The onscreen keyboard popped up which I couldn't interface with properly and it screwed me over. This lead to the buildbot link being broken, as I couldn't even re-enter the default address, I just reinstalled RetroArch and swore muchly at it...left that alone ever since lol 

Apparently Jellybean or Lollipop devices have much more luck. I'm looking to upgrade my phone soon and I'll then switch this Moto G from the custom android 7.1  to 4 or 5 and see what's what. I actually really love the Shield TV...can't find them in stock so I won't risk too much tinkering with it. The K1 tablets I have seen back in stock....maybe someone wants to revert theirs back to 5.1 and try? Hopefully someone will have more luck with the method above and it won't matter ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

If anybody is intrested I have mame2014 for Retroarch and is working fine on my Nvidia Shield TV,  give me a shout if anybody needs it.

 

Cheers

Optimal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, OptimalKiller said:

Hello,

If anybody is intrested I have mame2014 for Retroarch and is working fine on my Nvidia Shield TV,  give me a shout if anybody needs it.

 

Cheers

Optimal

I'd love it Optimal! Although I have refused to root my Shield TV, hopefully that's not needed.

I've been tinkering with the RPI & attract mode recently, it still needs some work IMHO. Would be nice to go back to the Shield to do some tinkering and see what's new :) Thanks in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, badhemi said:

I use mame4droid for cps3 chds and mame4droid for mame chd games

Thanks for the heads up Badhemi :) I do have that installed on the Shield...I just like having options for Retroarch cores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone got ume2014 core for android?....can't find that anywhere...smh...Ive got every retroarch for android minus ume2014 and mess2014 ...ume2014 was good with speed issues

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

I'd love it Optimal! Although I have refused to root my Shield TV, hopefully that's not needed.

I've been tinkering with the RPI & attract mode recently, it still needs some work IMHO. Would be nice to go back to the Shield to do some tinkering and see what's new :) Thanks in advance

Damn

you are going to have to root the Nvidia shield i'm affraid.  As you have to copy the mame2014_libretro_android.so  to the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores folder within android and change permissions and file owner for it to work with retroarch.  

If you do decide to root the Nvidia shield you have to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the Nvidia shield back to default. 

I have attached the core to this post,  if you do decide to root the nvidia shield.

Sorry I couldnt be of any further help.

 

mame2014_libretro_android.so

  • Super Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OptimalKiller said:

Damn

you are going to have to root the Nvidia shield i'm affraid.  As you have to copy the mame2014_libretro_android.so  to the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores folder within android and change permissions and file owner for it to work with retroarch.  

If you do decide to root the Nvidia shield you have to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the Nvidia shield back to default. 

I have attached the core to this post,  if you do decide to root the nvidia shield.

Sorry I couldnt be of any further help.

 

mame2014_libretro_android.so

Yeah I knew it would be possible with root access. Thank you! I'm sure it will help someone out, I doubt I will but thanks for the info :) 

My phone is rooted with a custom rom, it's only a midrange phone and can be easily replaced or upgraded, I didn't really care about the warranty. I love the Shield TV but if something went wrong, it was going to be a nightmare trying to replace it with them being out of stock. I hear a new or revised model could be unveiled at CES in 2017. I tried the Geforce NOW service and it works quite well with good internet and wired networking...I just refused to pay for games as if the Shield broke and I couldn't replace it, the games were "Lost". So I just use the Game stream service instead from my gaming PC to the Shield...I do have the PS4 remote play working too.

My friends love the little box and I deliberately kept it stock with them in mind. I've tweaked it up some through clever use of apps but it's simple to implement if my friends wanted their own and not take risks. Thanks again Optimal :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Yeah I knew it would be possible with root access. Thank you! I'm sure it will help someone out, I doubt I will but thanks for the info :) 

My phone is rooted with a custom rom, it's only a midrange phone and can be easily replaced or upgraded, I didn't really care about the warranty. I love the Shield TV but if something went wrong, it was going to be a nightmare trying to replace it with them being out of stock. I hear a new or revised model could be unveiled at CES in 2017. I tried the Geforce NOW service and it works quite well with good internet and wired networking...I just refused to pay for games as if the Shield broke and I couldn't replace it, the games were "Lost". So I just use the Game stream service instead from my gaming PC to the Shield...I do have the PS4 remote play working too.

My friends love the little box and I deliberately kept it stock with them in mind. I've tweaked it up some through clever use of apps but it's simple to implement if my friends wanted their own and not take risks. Thanks again Optimal :)

Yep fully understand,

Lets keep our fingers  crossed the new Nvidia shield TV will be released in 2017,  I'm dreading the fact if my Nvidia shield TV 500GB dies,  trying to get a replacement going to be a nightmare.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badhemi said:

It's back up on retroarch

So it is! Thanks fella been waiting forever for this. Have a great weekend :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, badhemi said:

So is ume2014 and mess2014

I have just tried some Cave games and yes mame2014 is better than mame git. I'll try and make a list of what's working and update the thread linked earlier in this thread. Thanks again dude for the heads up

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the .174 2016 core back. Could NOT see it last night could the other day. I gonna need like 200gb worth of mame sets soon :( (I have to match them, just me lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thatman84 said:

Is the .174 2016 core back. Could NOT see it last night could the other day. I gonna need like 200gb worth of mame sets soon :( (I have to match them, just me lol)

Not that I saw no. As Badhemi said Mame2014 (which is 0.159) & MULTI (MESS 2014 & UME 2014) are there. I've only installed Mame2014 but I will give the others a look see.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what the ume core emulates but I will certainly give mess a go and see how that works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mess core does mess systems..(consoles and computers)....ume core emulates both arcade and consoles and computers....it's basically like the current integrated mame....u would want to use these for more variety in cores and emulation....I switch around between mame2010, mame182, mame174,mame2016.mess2014,and ume2014

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-02-04 at 10:02 AM, thatman84 said:

Is the .174 2016 core back. Could NOT see it last night could the other day. I gonna need like 200gb worth of mame sets soon :( (I have to match them, just me lol)

I currently have a perfect .139u1 rom set configured.  What I'd like is to make separate wheels for the newer MAME cores only with roms that were added or improved.  Does that make sense?  Now I just need to find a resource that lists every rom added with each release ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

I currently have a perfect .139u1 rom set configured.  What I'd like is to make separate wheels for the newer MAME cores only with roms that were added or improved.  Does that make sense?  Now I just need to find a resource that lists every rom added with each release ;)

Thanks gonna be a task. There are change logs on the mame website somewhere although that site is not the easiest to navigate.

do you have a matching wheel set for 139u1??? I can't get one and it's taking forever to rename and match stuff manually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Thanks gonna be a task. There are change logs on the mame website somewhere although that site is not the easiest to navigate.

do you have a matching wheel set for 139u1??? I can't get one and it's taking forever to rename and match stuff manually

Why would the wheel be differnt.? Just use fatmatch to pull out the correct ones

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed a 178ish set and random ones from different sources and matched only 2000.

there are alot of "a"s at the end or start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...