Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

wow, this is really complicated stuff

jasonmcallister5

So I watched a few hours of tutorials, spent a night downloading latest mame hyperspin rocket launcher roms and trial and error with two different joysticks to find out from this forum that hyperspin can't use xbox controller or my logitic gamepad w/o 3rd party software.  Also found out what a time and commitment it's going to be to get the hyperspin emuvideos controller, other emulators and rooms put in place to relive my childhood video game experience.  

It looks like the membershipd and xpadder will be about 100USD then another 170 or so for X arcade tank stick.  A dedicated computer because I can't use antivirus with the software, Norton put several .dlls in quarantine.  

The mame games I've played look kind of worse than original, not formatted our stretched for a modern monitor, sound is off a little too.  I understand the appeal for folks who like to tinker, but I think I'm just going to end up going the route of a pre configured, turn key, bartop arcade.  There just isn't a single clear cut guide and troubleshooting matrix, it's like the early days of Windows or DOS when you had to edit your config.sys and autoexec.bat files to run games and purchase 3rd party software to free expanded memory allocation.  I was super excited to start this project after attending a retro gaming convention, esp because I have more time than money at the present.   Just seeing all the issues when I google the problems I've come across so far and on these forums really make me doubt if it's worth the constant headache.  

It truly seems awesome if it would work without making me truly work.  Feel like earning guru status would somehow less to a supplemental income, like being freenas support to someone.  I was going to put a question here but ended up venting, haha, thanks.

17 minutes ago, jasonmcallister5 said:

the hyperspin emuvideos controller

What is that?

It looks like the membership and xpadder will be about 100USD then another 170 or so for X arcade tank stick. 

JoyToKey is free

I can't use antivirus with the software, Norton put several .dlls in quarantine.  

Norton is crap and has been over more than a decade. There a plenty of better alternatives. Just for cab use, the free Windows Defender, though far from bulletproof, 'll do just fine

The mame games I've played look kind of worse than original, not formatted our stretched for a modern monitor, sound is off a little too.

There a ways to enhance it, but scan lines is the best and most obvious way to go

Feel like earning guru status would somehow less to a supplemental income, like being freenas support to someone.  I was going to put a question here but ended up venting, haha, thanks.

No idea what your on about here

Archived