Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Convert MP4 to FLV or start anew?

RPO R6V

Hi guys and gals,

I've been using an old version of Hyperspin in a cabinet for MAME only for quite a few years now. Just recently I decided that instead of traditional themes I'd just use HyperTheme to create my own themes, which would essentially be to just have the preview video snap fill the entire screen. Now that the videos are full screen instead of small, some of them look kinda blurry and/or not of the highest frame rate. This is an old version of Hyperspin that uses FLV files. I paid for a new subscription to EmuMovies, downloaded all new high quality MP4's for all my roms, then used the old video converter I once downloaded from EmuMovies to convert them to FLV's. This didn't really result in any improvement in video quality, though when I watch the MP4's themselves they look nice. Is the video converter perhaps not creating high quality FLV's? Or is there something inherent in the FLV format or maybe in the old Hyperspin that keeps the videos from looking as good as their MP4 sources? I don't really want to upgrade to the newest/current Hyperspin in order to use MP4's if that would be tough for a technology-challenged old guy like me. Any thoughts or advice are appreciated.

Im not for sure if it will work for everyone or you; but you can try a program simply called file converter. Convert the file to MP4. there is an option for (low quality MP4)

don't use that one. it should be on the first google page if you download it. Other programs might work too but this one worked for me when I put hyperspin on one of my old

PC's recently. only some of the vid's were like that; not all. and that worked fine for me. Only thing with that program, I think you can only do 70 to 100 at a time or so;

im not for sure. there are other programs that do more; but like i said that one worked for me recently.

Archived