Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Timeshock Pinball - 42/29/DMD Widebody

p0giewan

I lost countless hours to Timeshock when it first came out (out of many moves, including an emigration one of the few things I have retained from that point in time is my original Timeshock CD in jewel case) which is still my all time favorite virtual table so is a natural choice for me for a virtual cabinet.

Great idea!!!

A few weeks ago I made up my mind, if I should do the same artwork... :beer:

But maybe I will go for another artwork... not sure now :shakehands:

Regards, Launch_14

• 4 weeks later...

Sloooooowwww progress over the last few weeks. Back in school again on top of work so my time for pinball related stuff has been limited but I've been squeezing in the odd hour here and there though :vollkommenauf:

Plunger finally arrived from Virtuapin. Got that installed but need to mess with the tilt sensitivity setting a little. Cranked all the way up the shaker motor sets of the tilt but anything under that not seeing much effect when I nudge the table. Do I need to change something in the table scripts themselves? Can anyone that has one of these let me know what sensitivity setting they are using? Default in VP seems to be 400 with a max of 1000. Analog plunger is working nicely.

The biggest and most time consuming headache came when I started messing with the LED's which led to a bunch of troubleshooting which Zeb helped out a bunch on. I had LEDWiz outputs not working, power failing on the toys etc. Most of the issues are resolved. A bad ribbon cable was causing some of the output failures. I had some ouputs (flipper contactors) going out intermittently which was resolved by switching to DOF which works a treat. My only remaining issue is power. Once I plug in the lights depending on the table I lose all power to the toys within a couple minutes. Another couple e-mails back and forth with Zeb and he says power supply is overloading and cutting out. I was thinking a 650w would be overkill when I bought it but apparently not. Should have a Thermaltake 850W arriving tomorrow so I'll swap them out and see if this resolves the problem. I also figured out I do NOT like soldering. Happy that is done and out of the way.

LED's are also installed in the top of the backbox. Having to rethink where I'm going to put the LED strobes as they will not fit on my LED bar once it was trimmed down. Keep going back and forth on underside of cabinet or top of the backbox.

Upcoming to do list:

Figure out tilt sensitivity settings

Swap out power supplies... then either rejoice or cry depending on the outcome of that.

Install replay knocker... need to figure out where. Its not going to fit in the backbox. Do I need to install this in a specific orientation? It seems like it should be installed so it shoots upwards.

Install strobes.

Once this is all done I'll move onto bezel, side rails and lockdown bar. Based off the Timeshock! update from this morning no idea when I'll be getting the artwork so not too much in a hurry to get the aesthetic stuff done.

post-106867-142870634185_thumb.jpg

post-106867-142870634173_thumb.jpg

post-106867-142870634176_thumb.jpg

post-106867-142870634178_thumb.jpg

post-106867-14287063418_thumb.jpg

post-106867-142870634183_thumb.jpg

post-106867-142870634184_thumb.jpg

Archived