Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

ledblinky mame ctlr folder?

bluc

Having trouble getting led blinky to light the right buttons i have config folder mapped mame.xml mapped and controls.ini mapped do I need to also have the controller file mapped because I don't seem to have a ctlr folder in the mame directory ? Buttons light up but not the right ones. I am not using default button mapping in mame I have re mapped buttons to suit myself does this affect ledblinky?

Having trouble getting led blinky to light the right buttons i have config folder mapped mame.xml mapped and controls.ini mapped do I need to also have the controller file mapped because I don't seem to have a ctlr folder in the mame directory ? Buttons light up but not the right ones. I am not using default button mapping in mame I have re mapped buttons to suit myself does this affect ledblinky?

Yes it matters. You have to setup your buttons in the Configure Input Map drop down. Select your device and map your buttons to it.

Hope this helps some,

Ron

Yes it matters. You have to setup your buttons in the Configure Input Map drop down. Select your device and map your buttons to it.

Hope this helps some,

Ron

Not sure what you mean I used the GenLedBlinkyInputMap.exe to map my buttons but seems like led blinky is using the default mame buttons rather than getting my remapped buttons from mame if this makes sense. Could you elaborate a bit on your comments to help me understand cheers

Not sure what you mean I used the GenLedBlinkyInputMap.exe to map my buttons but seems like led blinky is using the default mame buttons rather than getting my remapped buttons from mame if this makes sense. Could you elaborate a bit on your comments to help me understand cheers

That's it. Select the correct device. Map your buttons.

Have already done the map but the wrong buttons light up dont know what I have done wrong. for an example, Physically does what I want to be button 1 have to be wired to button 1 on my controller board for led blinky to work correctly. Because when I did the panel I wired the buttons to suit the control panel and just planned to map them with software, regardless of where they were physically connected to my encoder/controller.

Hey bluc this is my first post but I think I know what you need. You need to go into the ledblinky Control editor and edit your mame defaults. I am not 100% sure how to do this as I use the mame defaults for mame. But this will put you on the right path. Ledblinky is setup to use the mame default button configuration so if you are not using that its why your buttons aren't lighting up correctly. Its the same as if your setting up a new emulator in ledblinky and want to configure what buttons light up and what color. I just am not sure how to change the mame defaults. Im not sure if you have to delete the one that's there and create a new one or if you can edit the one that is there. post-100381-142870626648_thumb.png

Ok I thought that may be the case but then I thought perhaps it needs the controller file to read how the buttons are mapped in mame. Have not been able to work out how to use the controls editor going to be slow if I have to manually adjust each game.

You can also check the ledblinky website and read through the installation and configuration guide and if that doesn't help I know the creator of the program arzoo is a member here as well. You can also search for led blinky on the forums and you may find your answer there as well.

Ok I thought that may be the case but then I thought perhaps it needs the controller file to read how the buttons are mapped in mame. Have not been able to work out how to use the controls editor going to be slow if I have to manually adjust each game.

Your controls.ini file should have all the mame games and what buttons it uses. It should also say what each button does. I have attached mine as an example.

Thanks,

Ron

controls.zip

Your controls.ini file should have all the mame games and what buttons it uses. It should also say what each button does. I have attached mine as an example.

Thanks,

Ron

Ok the "controls.ini" I think that is the problem were does that come from do I generate that myself somehow from the mame.exe like the mame.ini file? I dont have one in my mame folder I was using the one from the here http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php since I am not using default mapping do I some how have to make one to suit my setup

Completely confused I have my buttons working the way I want in mame I use the mame naming convention (eg if mame calles something "player 1 button one" that is the label I give it in led blinky) I click on each port till the one I want lights up then I label it in the mapping app that comes with led blinky to match mame. For example Gyruss says to use, for fire button " player one button one" in the controls.ini I downloaded off the net yet when I start gyruss it lights up "player one button 6" what in the chain of command is telling led blinky to treat button six as button 1?? Just to repeat all buttons work the way I want in mame. Its not some trial limitation that does not light correct buttons until you purchase is it. Have not purchased yet but am going to asap.

Ok the "controls.ini" I think that is the problem were does that come from do I generate that myself somehow from the mame.exe like the mame.ini file? I dont have one in my mame folder I was using the one from the here http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php since I am not using default mapping do I some how have to make one to suit my setup

That's where your controls mapping comes into play. It uses that file and the controls.ini to figure it out. Your mapping says button 1 is, for example, A. It compares the two files and sees this game uses button 1, which in your case is A, therefore lights it up. I'll take a closer look at my setup tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks,

Ron

That's where your controls mapping comes into play. It uses that file and the controls.ini to figure it out. Your mapping says button 1 is, for example, A. It compares the two files and sees this game uses button 1, which in your case is A, therefore lights it up. I'll take a closer look at my setup tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks,

Ron

Yea I get the purpose of mapping but its doing my head in not knowing why my my chain is falling down. What "I" call "player one button one" is not button one the encoder. But I have called that button "button one" in mame by mapping that button to "player one button one" in mame controls setup. I then go into ledblinky map creator click each port till what "I" call "Button one player one" lights up I then label it "player one button one". I start hyperspin ledblinky starts I start mame game "Gyruss" in the "controls.ini" file Gyruss fire button is "player one button one" yet ledblinky lights up "player one button six". So does ledblink read the button mapping from mame or is it reading it direct from the encoder?

Yea I get the purpose of mapping but its doing my head in not knowing why my my chain is falling down. What "I" call "player one button one" is not button one the encoder. But I have called that button "button one" in mame by mapping that button to "player one button one" in mame controls setup. I then go into ledblinky map creator click each port till what "I" call "Button one player one" lights up I then label it "player one button one". I start hyperspin ledblinky starts I start mame game "Gyruss" in the "controls.ini" file Gyruss fire button is "player one button one" yet ledblinky lights up "player one button six". So does ledblink read the button mapping from mame or is it reading it direct from the encoder?

I believe it has to be right on the encoder also. The IPac should be labeled as P1B1. That should go to your CP Player 1 Button 1.

Someone who knows otherwise, please speak up.

Thanks,

Ron

Hey bluc - Sorry you're having problems. There seems to be some confusion with how LEDBlinky determines which ports to light up for each mame game. Basically it all comes down to the input codes. When you configure your LEDBlinky Input Map (using the GenLEDBlinkyInputMap app) you assign input codes to each port. LEDBlinky uses the controls.ini and mame.xml files to determine which buttons each game uses and then uses the mame cfg files (default.cfg and <rom>.cfg) to determine which input codes each button is mapped to. Then it just matches the input codes from mame to the what you have specified in the Input Map - thats it. You don't have to worry about naming conventions or port labels or how you wired your cp or how you assign your controls from within mame. As long as LEDBlinky can find the controls.ini, mame.xml, and mame cfg files it should work. Also, you should not need to use the Controls Editor for mame unless you want to change the color or spoken name for a game (the Controls Editor is mostly used to configure other emulators). Here's a bit more info on the subject: http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LEDBlinkyMAMELogic

So, with that being said, if your buttons are not lighting up correctly I would first try using the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app. If that doesn't provide a answer, you can email me the debug.ZIP file (generated by the troubleshooting app) and I'll take a look.

arzoo

ok still having trouble this is the error

[04/10/2014 19:37:30] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:35] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:38] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:50] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

and this is whats in my ledblinky settings.ini

[MAMEConfig]

Colors_ini=

Mame_cfg_folder=D:\Hyperspin new\Emulators\mame 152\cfg

MameControllerFile=

UseMameDefaultForOtherEmulators=0

MameOutputBufferSize=

MameControlsFile=D:\Hyperspin new\Emulators\mame 152\controls.ini

MameXmlFile=D:\Hyperspin new\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml

UseMameToTriggerGameStart=0

also when I run the troubleshooter the ports in the troubleshooter dont operate the same leds that the ledblinky mapping program light up so any ideas what I have to do?

Do you have LEDBlinky installed in more than one folder? Are the log entries you listed from the debug.log in the same folder as the settings.ini you listed?

ok still having trouble this is the error

[04/10/2014 19:37:30] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:35] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:38] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

[04/10/2014 19:37:50] Missing value in Settings.ini: [Mame_cfg_folder]

and this is whats in my ledblinky settings.ini

[MAMEConfig]

Colors_ini=

Mame_cfg_folder=D:\Hyperspin new\Emulators\mame 152\cfg

MameControllerFile=

UseMameDefaultForOtherEmulators=0

MameOutputBufferSize=

MameControlsFile=D:\Hyperspin new\Emulators\mame 152\controls.ini

MameXmlFile=D:\Hyperspin new\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml

UseMameToTriggerGameStart=0

also when I run the troubleshooter the ports in the troubleshooter dont operate the same leds that the ledblinky mapping program light up so any ideas what I have to do?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure I deleted ledblinky re downloaded it re mapped keys and set it back up and its still doing same thing. To be clear port one on my pac64led is connected to my player one start button and is mapped to player one button 7 inside mame. so i have pac64led1/port one/P1start/P1B7, then I open troubleshooting app click on p1start and my p1b6 button lights up strange and I have no idea how to fix.

Archived