Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Is there a working solution to the Windows 7 ddraw switch res bug??

WalkToFreedom

None that I know of. Try looking into the groovymame forums at arcade controls. Calamity is working on a Win 7 version of emudriver which may fix things. I know he has an alpha available but I think it comes with other issues.

None that I know of. Try looking into the groovymame forums at arcade controls. Calamity is working on a Win 7 version of emudriver which may fix things. I know he has an alpha available but I think it comes with other issues.

Hi. Thanks for the info. I just found out about GroovyMAME definately going to give it a try. I have an ArcadeVGA which has win7 drivers. I found this thread in the GroovyMAME forum.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,133610.msg1379963.html#msg1379963

Calamity says:

"GroovyMAME + video d3d + frame_delay is as good as using ddraw (in terms of pixel accuracy, and low input lag), but with much better performance when it comes to scaling. Only possible drawback may be tearing on high resolution modes (this is due to frame_delay)."

Sounds like it's a working solution with a compromises as you say.

Archived