Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Wireless receiver for Aimtrak Light Guns

Tony4Fingerz

aimtrak has no wireless sollutions.. there are alternative light guns that work wireless or you could use wimmotes as a lightgun.. or you could look for complicated solutions like wireless usb hubs you can plug your aimtracks into.. but doubt if anyone has ever made such a setup..

4 hours ago, klopjero said:

aimtrak has no wireless sollutions.. there are alternative light guns that work wireless or you could use wimmotes as a lightgun.. or you could look for complicated solutions like wireless usb hubs you can plug your aimtracks into.. but doubt if anyone has ever made such a setup..

Thanks mate. 

Ill look into other options. Really like the Aimtraks but not keen on modifying my completed cab to much.

If you mean wireless for the bar that goes over the monitor, then you could make a wireless solution for that as it's literally only leds that the gun uses to find its position. The led bar doesn't communicate back to the computer.

If you want wireless for the guns themselves then that isnt possible as already mentioned. I've used a few different guns before I got the aimtraks and they are no where near as good. I'd seriously consider getting the aimtraks and figuring out how you can make them work with your cab, as they are so much better than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, tonesmalone said:

If you mean wireless for the bar that goes over the monitor, then you could make a wireless solution for that as it's literally only leds that the gun uses to find its position. The led bar doesn't communicate back to the computer.

If you want wireless for the guns themselves then that isnt possible as already mentioned. I've used a few different guns before I got the aimtraks and they are no where near as good. I'd seriously consider getting the aimtraks and figuring out how you can make them work with your cab, as they are so much better than anything else.

Yeah I'm just wanting the bar that sits above the monitor wireless as I don't want to drill through cab and have wires showing :)

its my first cab and just a spur of the moment thing decided I now want light guns.....

ill try and find some info, hopefully someone's done it already, I'm sure they would have.

thanks

Yeah I'm just wanting the bar that sits above the monitor wireless as I don't want to drill through cab and have wires showing [emoji4]
its my first cab and just a spur of the moment thing decided I now want light guns.....
ill try and find some info, hopefully someone's done it already, I'm sure they would have.
thanks

The sensor bar is just a set of LEDs that need to be powered. It would be pretty simple to modify the unit to run off batteries.

• 4 weeks later...
does anybody know weather you can use an aimtrak with this bar i have a few wii shooters that require more buttons so i was going to use this so i could use both guns

I can confirm that wiimotes work fine with the aimtrak sensors. I can't confirm that it would work the other way around. It likely won't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 1 month later...

You don't. The aimtrak is only the led lights the gun and the wiimote use for positioning. You sync/pair the wiimote with a Bluetooth adapter when you're using the aimtrak bar.

The dolphin bar has Bluetooth build in, hence why you pair with that when using that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Archived