Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Sound or something to indicate you've selected a game?

PrimoOptimoso

Playing with HS setup, still... I noticed that sometimes, if a game takes a few seconds to load from the wheel, I can't actually tell if I actually selected the game or not - maybe I didn't depress the button far enough or something.

I remember the old GameLauncher FE used to make kind of a gunshot sound alongside the button press to enter a game - does HS have this kind of option? Right now I just kind of hit the button and assume the game is coming up.

I've actually launched a few instances of a rom before hitting the button a few times! I figured mine was taking so long to load because I'm below the 'minimum' specs for hyperspin in it's full glory. I'm running a single core at 2.4Ghz, so I expect some lag and I turned off some of the extra artwork. ( I do miss it tho, I'm searching for a dual core for the arcade now so I can run it full blast and get a little better performance on newer arcade emulations)

• 4 years later...

RL should handle fine an single game launch even if someone has a nervous multiple start button press tendency.

Do you use the last hyperlaunch version?

Fade shouldn't take more than a few milliseconds to appear also. Could you post a log to see in which part the loading get stuck?

Thanks for the log, but you should post it on troubleshooting level to have more info. (choose the log level on HLHQ, general settings, hyperlaunch, logger)

It seams that HL is taking an unusual time, half second, on the line:

16:10:36:027 | HL | INFO | +500 | CheckPaths - Ended

the log with more detail will help on figuring out which exactly path check is taking so long to respond.

I also have this "problem" where I dont know if it reacted to the keypress or not before fade pops up 2-3 seconds later, but in my case, its because I run the whole thing from the network so I just guessed it would not happen when and if I put it locally instead.

Sorry about that. Here it is, thanks:

http://pastebin.com/JTUg8sDX

So after looking at this I got rid of the two big ones. I added my rom folder to Windows Indexing, and I disabled the HL Keymapper (I just use the emulator's own input config or else I use xpadder's own autoprofiler).

So after doing that and turning off all logging, I selected Qbert and the fade screen came up very quickly. Less than half a second. So thanks a million for your help this is light years of an improvement. But it still would be great to have some kind of instant audio and/or visual indication of a button press.

Sorry about that. Here it is, thanks:

http://pastebin.com/JTUg8sDX

So after looking at this I got rid of the two big ones. I added my rom folder to Windows Indexing, and I disabled the HL Keymapper (I just use the emulator's own input config or else I use xpadder's own autoprofiler).

So after doing that and turning off all logging, I selected Qbert and the fade screen came up very quickly. Less than half a second. So thanks a million for your help this is light years of an improvement. But it still would be great to have some kind of instant audio and/or visual indication of a button press.

The log is indeed a very powerful helper and it is full of useful information. It is sad that very few people try by themselves to use it. I must say that it is nice to hear that you could guide yourself through improving a little bit your setup by reading it. That was the main intention for introducing it on the first place.

If you want to the fade appear quickly you could also diminishes the Fade Duration field (in HLHQ). This field controls the time that the fade in will take to fade above your frontend. It is used to make a transition animation between your frontend and your fade screen. The default value for the animation (that goes form a transparente fade image to the actual opaque fade screen) is 500 milliseconds (half second). You could try to set it to a lower value if you want to have the fade screen to appear almost instantaneously.

Archived