Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Visual PinBall DMD Not Keeping It's Position On Second Screen

spacegoogie

shouldnt be the issue.. in my pincab i have 1024x768 as my back glass. and it holds true.. I had the same trouble as you on my MAME cab without the cabinet pinmame.dll..

Yah I just tried different resolution, no change. I have installed that VpinMAME.dll file twice over the past two days. I did not notice any difference with that file.

as long as you are running

VPinball 907

Pinmame 2.2

the cab version of pinmame.dll

monitors configured Playfield -> DMD

I dont see why it wouldnt stick- If all else fails... wipe out the VP install and start fresh..

I just got done modifying the DMD X and Y position in regedit under a few tables even added it to the default folder. DMD X needs to be 1706. I change it and after the table loads it goes back to 16xx position.

Check the script for the table, It probably has the DMD position set in the script. Just delete or comment out the DMD X and Y Pos lines.

Check the script for the table, It probably has the DMD position set in the script. Just delete or comment out the DMD X and Y Pos lines.

I wiped out everything pinball on my system and started fresh.....:banghead:

Doing that did not make a difference. The DMD goes halfway between monitor #1 and # 2. This is really starting to piss me off. Funny thing, I have the Active BackGlass working just fine but the DMD just wont do what it should be doing.... There has gotta be a setting or something that's being overlooked. Also wanna add that the DMD stays where ever I put it on Monitor # 1.

:dancing2: OMG It's working!!:party:

I just copied the Vpinmame.dll back into the new install directories

opened the one table I have been working on and the DMD was on screen #2 right where I put it. Thanks much guys for all your help and posts. :beer: Since where on the topic of things not working, When I exit the table the active backglass remans on, I thought it should close when the table closes?

Here is what's at the end of the table script:

'NameOfTheCreatedFile.EXE is the executable contaning the .png's

'the command line switch displays it on the Second Monitor

' added at the end of Sub Table1_Init

'Sub Table1_Exit()

'=> should be the same name as the name where the table is initiated

'look for Name of Table_Init, example such as CFBL_Init

'For example change table1_exit() to CFBL_Exit()

Dim ShellCom

Set ShellCom = CreateObject("wscript.shell")

ShellCom.Run("C:\Backglass\ActiveBackglass-Funhouse-Backglass-Final.EXE /monitor=2") Set ShellCom = nothing

Controller.SetDisplayPosition 540, -240, GetPlayerHWnd

'End Sub

Sub Table1_Exit()

Dim ShellCom

Set ShellCom = CreateObject("wscript.shell")

ShellCom.Run("%COMSPEC% /C taskkill /f /im NameOfTheCreatedFile.EXE")

Set ShellCom = nothing

End Sub

Glad to hear that you got it working man. Sounds like that file just may have been corrupt or something.

Are you using UVP or Active Backglass? There is a difference... I'm not sure if HyperPin as I haven't tested them with HM, but UVP's work fine. I'd get the UVP instead of the active backglass or just use a static PNG until a UVP is available.

Glad to hear that you got it working man. Sounds like that file just may have been corrupt or something.

Are you using UVP or Active Backglass? There is a difference... I'm not sure if HyperPin as I haven't tested them with HM, but UVP's work fine. I'd get the UVP instead of the active backglass or just use a static PNG until a UVP is available.

Thanks Dazz, I am using Active Backglass. The UVP is for HyperPin right? How does UVP work and how does a static PNG work? Do they too have to be used in HP or can I use them with just VP alone?

You need to have the UVP name in the VP XML in Hyperpin. You dont actually have to lauch Hyperpin to make UVP work, meaning you can launch a table right from VP and it will run the backglass. But IT WONT work if you dont have the entry in HP VP XML Also you need to name the table and the desciption the same and the UVP png and .uvp file the same.

There is a thread i posted and stickied about all this stuff.

You need to have the UVP name in the VP XML in Hyperpin. You dont actually have to lauch Hyperpin to make UVP work, meaning you can launch a table right from VP and it will run the backglass. But IT WONT work if you dont have the entry in HP VP XML Also you need to name the table and the desciption the same and the UVP png and .uvp file the same.

There is a thread i posted and stickied about all this stuff.

Cool, can you provide a link so I can start reading? Lol it sound a little intimidating :beer:

Cool, can you provide a link so I can start reading? Lol it sound a little intimidating :beer:
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=3592 <- that should be a good start place for UVP. It can be used without using HyperPin. I think you still need to have the HyperPin file structure and database file for UVP to work. I am not 100% sure, though.

I did see a thread somewhere, but I can recall, but someone did get HyperSpin running on one screen using 4:3 tables and the UVP backglasses on another screen. I can't seem to find the thread right now though.

Bent and Dazz are 100% on the money... you have to use the Hyperpin folder structure in conjunction with the xml..

ie..

Table name "Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1992)"

Description "Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1992)"

.UVP in Ultravp folder "Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1992)"

backglass image in Visual Pinball Media backglass folder "Tales from the Crypt (Data East 1992)"

so on and so forth..

easiest way to get it going is to download the Hyperpin install... put that on your C:\ then put the UltraVP files and folders in the Hyperpin folder...

PM me when/if you get stuck...

• 2 years later...

I am trying to get my DMD to stay on my second screen an am having an issue.. I am running Vpinball on my mac book retina and using my dell as my main playfield. turns out even tho i make my dell as my main monitor the dmd wont stay on my laptop. if i make the laptop the main screen the dmd WILL stay on the dell.. any ideas how to make the dmd stay while using the laptop as the DMD/backglass screen?

• 6 months later...

hi

i have exactly the same problem than spacegoogie , and it's impossible to solve

i just tried EVERYTHING , any idea ? :P

here is my bug :

post-103069-142870614618_thumb.jpg

it always start like this, after a certain value of X or Y it doesn't save thuis value when i restart the table

• 3 years later...

I had the same issue, here's how i fixed it. 

I right clicked on the dmd in Visual Pinball. 

I selected show border and resized it. 

I unchecked show border.

I selected settings and checked the cabinet mode and exited and saved. 

It will tell you that the changes won't take effect until next time. 

I had no issues after that, all DMD stayed at the location where i set them.  

( Each table has to be done manually )

cabinet mode.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2010 at 1:18 AM, spacegoogie said:

Yes I have copied over the pinmamecab.dll file and my playfield monitor is #1 and is on the left, 2nd screen for DMD is on the right of it.

did you rename it back to pinmame.dll?

i have also found that when changing the .dll file go into the pinmamame config and unistall the old .dll the click on install to register the new one..

Archived