Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Having a lot of trouble remembering how to create a good MAME.xml list

SpatzST

I recall I used Don's hyperfilter to sort through games that were Working, and used the controls I have available... but now for the life of me I can't figure out how to get a list that actually has this information so I can sort it.  No XML file I found has the Status marker in the info, or number of players, or anything of that sort.  I can't create a mamelist.xml because it just doesn't seem to want to work, creates a 0 byte file.  I'm not even sure I need a mamelist.xml.. is that the same as MAME.xml that goes into the hyperspin database?

I upgraded from .172 to .188 and I wanted to create a new list of games.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 32assassin.  I think I may have used this program the last time I made the list, I seem to remember having to find the controls.xml and catver files.

Anyhow, the program is crashing every time I try to merge the files together.  You wouldn't happen to have a completed xml for .188 would you? Or at least something close.

Thanks

edit: Apparently in the hyperbase section of the forum there is a complete .188 list with all relevant information included.  However, Don's tools appears to not be reading the controller type, number of players, etc.

Archived