helmi

Problem Hyperspin + RocketL + MAME ROM Set merged

Question

Hallo zusammen,

ich bin erst seit kurzem dabei mir das entsprechende Wissen rund um Arcade Emulation anzueignen und bin jetzt auf folgendes Problem gestoßen. Ich habe die MAME Version 0.189 und ein entsprechendes ROM Set 0.189 sowie CHD Set 0.189 beide merged. Hyperspin + RocketLauncher + Mame wurden laut diversen Tutorials eingestellt.

Hyperspin funktioniert auch tadellos, er findet jedoch nicht die verschiedenen GAME Versionen die in der Merged ZIP enthalten sind.

So sieht das im Rocket Launcher aus (siehe Screenshot).

59d14cdd28d16_mameprob1.jpg.8e7a2a7e96c3bcbf2f5885c1f0640a7e.jpg

Gehe ich jedoch in den ROM Ordner und öffne die ZIP Datei, sieht man die restlichen Versionen.

59d14cdebdc16_mameprob2.jpg.34980ea79222f607ae05d3c8e2ca242a.jpg

59d14ce016acf_mameprob3.jpg.4715447d1a3cb9ebdf39818abb8ce8d3.jpg

Die werden jedoch weder über MAME, noch RocketLauncher, noch Hyperspin angezeigt. Irgendwie komme ich nicht weiter :-(

Hat von euch jemand eine Idee? Irgendetwas übersehe ich scheinbar

Vielen Dank im Voraus!

5 answers to this question

You can play the different versions with the merged set, you just need to follow the module notes for MAME in RLUI. Specifically, setting the Skip Checks option to "Rom Only" on the Settings -> Main Settings tab in RLUI. The clones will still be red in the audit and listed as not found due to the way the audit works but the games will launch without any issues.

The games not showing up on the wheel in HS is most likely because you have the roms only filter enabled in HyperHQ for that system which you can't use with a merged rom set. Also make sure you don't have the "Parents Only" filter enabled and that your xml has entries for the clones.

I have no idea what you're asking exactly, but generally you want to run the SPLIT set for MAME.

I thought I can also play the different Versions of a game with a merged set.

For example the game "1941"  there is a Japan, World and USA version. The merged zip included all this versions but I cant start them separately. Only the World version as you see on the screenshots before.

Skip check "Rom Only" is set at RLUI.

I also tried to start the game with MAME. But I can't even start the different versions with the mame64.exe. Pretty strange.

Thanks, I think you are right. I will check HyperHQ.

Where can I find the xml again?

*Edit*

found it