Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Ultimarc Aimtrak Calibration Problem

sreisig1

Anyone use these? I just purchased two of them and when I calibrate them the mouse cursor is on point and is calibrated fine, but when I open up Area 51, time crisis, etc, pretty much any shooter, the crosshairs are a few inches off where they were just on my desktop screen. They also jut across and not smooth like they do on the desktop screen. Anyone know how to fix this?

I have a BenQ MLG LED monitor and windows 7 professional 64 bit

Each game you launch has a calibration settings in addition to the windows calibration for each gun as far as I know. You need to go into the machine's service menu to adjust these per machine/game. As for the not smooth I do not have any ideas there. Good luck!

man good luck... these things are hit or miss. I have 2 and ive had issues since day 1. the issue with the crosshairs being off(as i understand it, and would love to hear a fix for it if there is one) is that the gun has to remain on screen. lets say im playing area51 and need to reload. the distance i point off screen is the distance the gun will be off when you bring it back on screen. its a little weird. and if anyone knows how to fix it please let me know. also getting both guns to work at once is a huge bitch.

Thanks dougan, Ill try that when I get home!

Hazzard,

Yea, so far another issue I'm having is the gun doesn't reload when I shoot off screen. I have shoot offscreen checked in the controller settings in MAME, do I need to set it individually in the game as well hitting the tab key, and if so, where?

From My experience depending on the mame version you are using what I did to make sure both my guns were working with mameuifx 153 (jumpstile's build not the one listed as direct input):

1. Used a clean setup, mame.exe ran mame -cc to create ini.

2. Launched mame.

3. set rom folder path in gui.

4. Went to the lightgun games and made sure all of them had lightgun checked under controller tab nothing else and for the ones that used off screen reload I made sure that was checked. If you look where your mame.exe is you will see a INI folder. In there are all the settings for the games. I think it applies the game specific INI over whatever you have set in the mame.ini. Now I know Ultimarc's instructions say to edit the mame.ini ( I did not do this because of using the ini files per game seemed to work better what I have found is that having mouse and lightgun enabled does not make things work properly, nor does having off screen reload checked for games that do not support it, again this may depend on the version of mame I have no idea I only know how I got it working on .153 jumpstile build)

5. Launch a lightgun game. Configure your default inputs for player 1,2,3,4 etc. (set your light gun axis per player for each gun)

6. Review the games specific inputs and everything "should" be preconfigured if you made the game specific ini file in step 4 (that is what checking the check boxes does) and setup all of the default input options you plan to use in step 5)

7. Some light gun games are really the AD joystick games (Terminator 2, Aliens 3, etc). So those will need to be set as well per gun, I set it per game rather than a default player 1 all AD games use the lightgun I have not run into a AD controller game yet other than a gun based game.

8. Some games also require in game calibration settings (Wing Shooting for example) so you may need to go to the service menu and calibrate the game/machine as well as stated in my above.

After I got all of this done, I went back and put in other folders as necessary or as you like HLSL, if you did not have those already etc...

Good luck.

Archived