Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Controller(Xtension) Configuration Guidance??

Jimmi1271

Hey folks ... So I got my RecRoomMaster Cabinet in and assembled with the 2 player Xtension Emulator Edition controller board. Up until now I've been testing my build with an inexpensive Logitech controller and mapped via joytokey.

The board is supposed to be preconfigured for MAME and Windows, but because I'm also using RetroArch and a few other necessary emulators my preference is to set a configuration through RL globally. Any guidance on where I might find a tutorial, or other guidance on the right way to get this all set up? There seems to be a lot of piecemeal stuff on how to do it but nothing I found that walks me though the right way from beginning to end. Thoughts, help, guidance?? Anyone want to come to MD and I'll buy the beer :)

Thanks in advance ....

UPDATE - So I read through the instructions provided when the machine came and while it voids any warranty on the controller they do say that WinIPAC V2 is the recommended software for remapping. Anyone have experience with this? I was actually going to call RRM in the morning to get their recommendations since they have certainly dealt with these type of questions before but I'd still love to see some input from the forum. I'm wondering if I map through RL using WinIPAC will I still have to map individual emulators or should it work through them all that way?

as I told you in your other thread

Xtension controllers use the Ipac (keyboard encoder) in their set ups.  You  can only use the WinIPAC software to remap them.

Something you may not need to do.

The Ipac comes pre programmed with MAME keys

default keys programmed into the Ipac

https://www.ultimarc.com/ipac2.html

What you need to do is 

make a map of your controller

Open Note Pad and press a button and make a picture similar to this

dual-x-arcade-button-map-default.png

Once you have this image

Open ALL!!!!! your emulators and remap the keys to match YOUR!! custom layout.

You only need WinIPAC IF!!!!  any of your keys conflict (don't work) with any of your emulators

(example ALT CTR  or Space do not work with SSF,  but you should be using Mednafen or Mednafen core in Retroarch not SSF)

YOU will defantly need to "UN-bind"  some of the serviece keys for some of your emultors

the F key in your layout is probably Player 2 Down,  but in Retroarch  the F key  -->  "Toggle Full-screen"

Before you do all this you should get a hold of the site you got your controller from.  I would assume they have pre made config flies you could simply drag and drop into

your emulators.

this guy made a tutorial on how to set up an IPAC for retropie use,  and you can download some retroarch cfg files.

this might help you set up your Ipac for retorarch use.

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/8987/guide-setting-up-a-retropie-controls-using-ipac2-controller-extensive-tutorial-preconfigured-files

I would assume your controller supplier should have a similar guide or cfg files you can use.

Thanks for the detail around the explanation. My Xtension controller came with the cabinet purchase through RecRoomMasters and, other than indicating that it is preconfigured for MAME and windows navigation (it works fine in both) didn't provide any additional detail. I'm going to give them a ring in the AM for any other detail they can provide, and I'll spend the time to understand the data you provided. Right now it does not work in HS although I can launch games through RL and use it just fine in Mame and to a lesser extent with some of the other emulators. 

I'm sure it is just going to be a learning process and I'm being impatient about it now that I have everything in the cabinet .... The actual controller is shown below.

image.jpeg.68ffce7c722eebf0e285ac343371074a.jpeg

Archived