Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Auto Muting

Destin

I'd like to leave HS running, but since my cabinet is in the living room, the random sounds can get annoying. I usually turn down the volume manually, or turn it off.

It would be nice if HS had an option to auto-mute the system after some period of time. For example, after 5 minutes without user input, it lowers the volume or mutes it.

That way, my lazy self doesn't need to walk over to the thing to shut it up.

~ or maybe someone can suggest another way to achieve that?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to jump on an old post.

Been playing with the excellent hyperspin for a few weeks now.i look forward seeing this addition in 2.0

before i found this post i was trying to use some software here:

http://www.rtsoft.com/smartmute/help100/help.shtml

for the same functionality. results are ok but it would be excellent to expand on this idea...

I would like to still be able to leave a single mame rom running and auto mute after a few mins inaction (until button press).

its perfect

the only problem i have with this is, if you line up some songs in jukebox.

is it possible to exclude certain programs like that?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Noticing OP is from 2010 - does anybody have an update on how to accomplish this? I'd like to leave my cab on in my living room but not have constant sounds. having it mute after an idle period would be great.

similarly being able to have a screensaver (either play videos, show images, or just have the monitor turn off) after an idle period would also be welcome (with wake on joystick/buttonpress obviously!)

Archived