Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Joystick controls help

psychopath

Hello guys, i keep working on my cabinet, rigth now im working on the controls, the hyperspin system and consoles i want are ready, today i finally got the buttons and sticks i ordered from aliexpress, im testing them, one thing i noticed is that everytime i move the stick the button ligths goes off and i recieve this windows message saying i overload the capacity of the usb port, does anyone know how to solve this? i followed some steps i found on google but im still having the same problem, anyways, to configure the buttons and sticks i bought xpadder, but i dont know how to do the configuration, does any of you knows or have a guide to configure it in hyperspin?

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/Two-Player-Arcade-DIY-Kits-Parts-USB-Encoder-to-PC-Joystick-Gilded-LED-Lamp-Lights-Push/32856149243.html

39124683_10155258545566377_5167139394196340736_n.jpg

39203676_10155258545421377_6489833555785416704_n.jpg

39242343_10155258545491377_1069830908384641024_n.jpg

are you powering  the LEDs from the USB port?

if you are you are probably running to much power from the USB port

if you are not 

try using the controller in another PC,  those joystick encoders should be plug and play

and you no longer need to use xpadder in Hyperspin.

the hole point of xpadder is to turn your joystick inputs into keyboard commands.

unless you re running 10 year old emulators,  most emulators have joystick support.

map your joystick directly to ALL the  emulators youa re running, I would suggest you use Retroarch, -->  map your joystick to retroarch  --> you mapped your joystick to almost all your emulators

the only problem you will find is that Hyperspin does not support joysticks, you can use xpadder to solve this

but I would recomend you use hthe start ups cript, 

Thx a lot for your help, after doing some trials i discovered that I plugged the stick in the wrong place :P so after that it worked, as you mention each emulator detect the joystick and of course now my problem is to configure it with HS i dl the file from the link you posted, but i need to review it coz i dont fully understand, again thx a lot 

IMG_20180816_092105044.jpg

I recommend you go through the support thread but here a re the basics

the Start Up Script will map an Xbox 360 controller buttons to work with the default Hyperspin input settings.

You do not need to change anything in Hyperspin or HyperHQ

You obviously don't have a 360 controller so you have to remap the buttons to what you have

if you go to your device manager,  you will find a generic joystick

similar to this

success.jpg

if you press a button it will light up one of the numbers

make a note of what number each button is mapped to because you have to remap all your button numbers to match the buttons you have.

in the start up script button 7 is mapped to Exit

Joystick_Exit=Joy7

if you wan tto use button 1 ,2 or whatever button you want you have to remap  the exit to whatever you want

double click on the Hyperspin Startup Script.exe

it will generate a Hyperspin Startup Script.ini file for you

Bold --> changes you need to make

[Required]
HyperSpin_Folder_Path=C:\HyperSpin    ------------------------------------>  you have to change this to where you have your hyperspin EXE
[General]
Primary_Color_RRGGBB=363636
Secondary_Color_RRGGBB=ffffff
[Controls]
Joysticks_Enabled=true    ------------------------------------> enable joystick support
Joysticks_MaxNumberOfJoysticks=4
Joystick_Delay=225
Joystick_Deadzone=25
Joystick_Up=JoyY-|JoyPOVN
Joystick_Down=JoyY+|JoyPOVS
Joystick_SkipUp=JoyX-|JoyPOVW
Joystick_SkipDown=JoyX+|JoyPOVE
Joystick_SkipUpNumber=Joy5
Joystick_SkipDownNumber=Joy6
Joystick_HyperSpin=JoyZ-|JoyZ+|Joy9
Joystick_Genre=Joy3
Joystick_Favorites=Joy4
Joystick_Start=Joy8|Joy1
Joystick_Exit=Joy7
Joystick_Roulette=Joy2
Joystick_Volume=JoyR-
Joystick_Volume_Close=
Joystick_QuickLaunch=JoyU+
Joystick_QuickLaunch_Close=JoyU-
Joystick_Info=JoyU-
Joystick_Info_Close=JoyU+
Joystick_Filters=JoyR+
Joystick_Filters_Close=JoyR-

and the most important part make sure you run the start up script exe when you launch Hyperspin

Capture.PNG

Archived