Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Videos for vertical games are squished horizontally

TheManuel

Hello.

I recently changed my old flv videos for better quality mp4 ones.  The problem I'm having is that videos for vertical games are showing up squished from the sides into the video.png frame.  I have changed several parameters in the theme.xml file and none of them have any effect on how the video is displayed.

What parameters should I change to control the aspect ratio of the video?

frogger.png.241d550ccb7a756891e05fc393366b40.png

Actually, this parameter is set to "none" already in the theme.xml file, which I downloaded from here a long time ago.  I changed it to "4:3" as an experiment but that did not have any effect.  Then again, I can't find any documentation as to what each parameter does, so I don't know what is the range or format of valid entries.

17 minutes ago, TheManuel said:

Actually, this parameter is set to "none" already in the theme.xml file, which I downloaded from here a long time ago.  I changed it to "4:3" as an experiment but that did not have any effect.  Then again, I can't find any documentation as to what each parameter does, so I don't know what is the range or format of valid entries.

maybe try 'both' or perhaps 'vertical' or 'horizontal'

I know I had this problem with a specific theme I downloaded and managed to fix it playing with this option. 

This guys problem seems to have been that the theme.xml was compressed.

I was able to fix it by setting that parameter to "vertical".  The other post you linked also reminded me that I had run into that same problem with compressed zip files years ago, but I seemed to have forgotten my lesson.  I was editing the file then adding it back to the zip file but 7-zip would compress it by default.  I was also leaving the original file in the same folder but renamed.  I'm guessing Hyperspin was somehow picking up the original file after rejecting the compressed edited one.

I also severely overstated the problem as only a few of my vertical games had this problem.  However, I do have several vertical and horizontal themes with other issues, like extending over the video frame or not filling it completely in either or both directions.  Now that can have my edits take effect, I should be able to play with the various parameters until I get a good fit for those games.

Thanks a lot for you help.

Archived