Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Joystick/Buttons not working in game

AntN

Good morning guys,

I have a friend who has recently bought a 2nd hand machine and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. He asked me to take a look at it as I am more into IT, but my experience with emulators is slim, so i was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction.

When launching Hyperspin, everything seems to work fine, until a game loads. Then some or all of the buttons stop working. He has 2 x Sanwa joystick with 6 buttons plus credit and player buttons. After reading the initial guide on here i could see that the software version was very old, so i downloaded the latest update files and installed them.

N64 roms are not working at all, it asks for the memory pak, and a lot of the other consoles do not work either, but the Sega Genesis system does, so i am confused and I'm guessing it is a configuration issue more than something being wrong.

Has anyone else had a similar issue please?

Yes it sounds like it's all configured incorrectly unfortunately.

Probably an old system with outdated emulators and joysticks not set either.

It's basically going though them all and changing settings for the affected emulators and setting controls etc.

If you don't know what you are doing this may take some time, but there are plenty of tutorials floating around on this forum.

Good luck

Archived