Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Aimtrak light gun assembly question

Jon.Damico

I am planning on purchasing either an aimtrak light gun or building one from the parts they sell on their website. My question is whether the three parts they sell will create the full gun, or will I need to purchase other parts. The parts being the oem electronics kit, the recoil kit, and a replacement gun shell found on the following webpage.

http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=7

Another question I have is regarding the power supply for the recoil kit. Will there be two cables running down from the gun? Or is there a way to combine the cables into one. also, what size power supply would you guys recommend? The website states a 5 amp peak power supply, what have others used.

Thank you for your help.

The best person to answer these questions is Andy at Ultimarc.

Regarding the cable for the power you can do multiple things to create the cable but because you have comms running through it running the power in the same cable is not a great idea as you need a reasonable cable for the power supply. You can put the cables inside a simple heat shrink to combine them. Some people have gotten guns that have the full arcade style metal coble covers (name eludes me) and ran the cables down those. You could even buy a cable that contains a couple of heavy centre wires and four smaller outer wires and run it through one cable (if you can find a good electrical supplier in your area) but overall you will need to have a bit of shielding between the power and the USB comms. Just saying.

I am planning on purchasing either an aimtrak light gun or building one from the parts they sell on their website. My question is whether the three parts they sell will create the full gun, or will I need to purchase other parts. The parts being the oem electronics kit, the recoil kit, and a replacement gun shell found on the following webpage.

http://www.ultimarc.com/store/section.php?xSec=7

Another question I have is regarding the power supply for the recoil kit. Will there be two cables running down from the gun? Or is there a way to combine the cables into one. also, what size power supply would you guys recommend? The website states a 5 amp peak power supply, what have others used.

Thank you for your help.

1) I believe that you will need to purchase a power supply from somewhere, but not sure if they're now including it. It wasn't included with my recoil kit.

2) There will be 2 cables coming from the gun. You could change the wires I guess, but that would be a major PITA. Get a wire management tube to put the wires in.

3) I believe I used a power supply from a Canon printer and it works great. YMMV.

- J*

Thank you for your replies.

I contacted Andy and asked my questions. He told me that the parts he sells on his webpage will not create a full gun, there are several items missing such as the trigger, spring, internal wiring, switch PCB's, etc. So, I have to purchase the gun in whole, then buy the recoil kit. He also stated the power supply for the recoil kit needs to be 18v min, preferably 24v or 36v, and capable of 2 amps. min, max 5 amps.

So, in case someone else has a question like mine, hopefully they find this page.

Thanks again for your help.

-Jon

*The information on this post was derived directly from [email protected], he replied back to me within 12 hours. Excellent Service!

Archived