Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Glitch making me reassign Hyperspin as my default frontend path every day

Ozbrithian

Ok. I'm new at this. Basically, when I initially set up Rocket Launcher I set Hyperspin.exe as my Default Frontend Path in Rocket Launcher. I opened Hyperspin, and opened games and all was well. Few hours later I turn off PC, go to bed.

Next day, I come home boot up PC, run Hyperspin and get error message about RetroArch. See first attached pic. I look at my global setting and see that RocketLauncherUI.exe is set as my Default Frontend Path, see 2nd pic. I change it back to Hyperspin.exe and all is again well, games are launching.

Next day, boot up PC. Same thing. Why is it forgetting my settings when I turn off the PC? Is there a 'Save Settings' or 'And I mean it this time!' button I'm not seeing and need to click?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.519634144_WhatsanAhk.png.b1daf3b1cf7377421feec9a0fff162a9.png2092898809_DailyRitual.png.223f9af507d607192c5c14c876aec844.png

is your Default Plugin also changing?

because its set to Rocketlaunncher in your image

and if you are running Hyperspin from a slave drive make sure that the drive letter is not changing.

those settings are saved in this file

RocketLauncher\Settings\RocketLauncher.ini

Default_Plugin=HyperSpin
Default_Front_End_Path=..\HyperSpin.exe

make sure its not set to read only,  

The plugin was maybe an unrelated oversight on my part. It doesn't appear to change on it's own.

Ok. So when I change the default plugin and frontend on the RL:UI program, it changes on the .ini. And yet, still it insists on changing it back when I restart computer, and apparently also when I try to launch a file that won't launch. Like I'm breaking it and 'forcing' it to second guess me or something when I try to load what I'm not supposed to or something (having unrelated problems with certain Satellaview games, and Gamecube in general).

I can load manually but not through Rocket Launcher.png

Archived