Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How do you protect your work? (Catastrophe planning)

angryherbalist

Getting a hyperspin setup going takes a bit of work.  That work goes onto a Windows computer.  The combination of things makes me nervous.  What if a HDD fails?  What if the OS tanks?

Or, simpler and less catastrophic - what if I want to create another arcade box in my house and don't want to start from scratch?

How does everyone do it?  What files do you ALWAYS back up?  How do you have your rom collection and art organized to ensure you have everything you need in one place and can just drag and drop and be ready to go?

Thanks!

I have a synology and use active backup to do image based backups of the entire computer. I do 6 months of weekly snap shots. Then replicate that offsite to another synology at a relatives house Incase my place burns down.

Allows me the ability to restore the computer via a usb drive back to the way (usb boot connects to synology then I can choose what snapshot to restore from)it was at that snapshots point in time. If I made changes more I would do it more frequently.

Good luck.

Nothing fancy for me, get an external hard drive, copy over all the files every so often. Put everything in a hyperspin riot folder, copy that and be such to copy your apps data folder and c drive documents folder. That’ll 99% or 100% your set up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived