Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin and RocketLauncher only launches one game then stuck..

hooky13

There was a post about this once before from what I can tell but not sure of the fix for it. I believe I have identified the issue as i originally thought it was only when running NEOGEO that this happened but its happening with MAME as well now and wasnt before. I havent tried other systems but assuming it would be same outcome as this seems to be an issue with RL. So i launch hyperspin and pick a game no problem plays fine but then when I exit back to wheel and pick any other game it will no longer launch the games. I had noticed that when I exit hyperspin all together and get back to windows desktop I see the RL logo in the lower right hand corner as it shows its still running. When I close that out and go back into hyperspin once again i can load the first game but then none after. So issue seems to be with RL in that after done with first game, RL is not closing out automatically anymore and just stays running which is blocking me from launching another game. I checked my log and it looks like in the log it is saying Using HyperLaunch  then getting launcher path and the path is indeed correct as its my RL path. So if for some reason I dont have them linked properly HS/RL I need help figuring out the fix for this please. Any help is appreciated!! Thanks guys

12:09:33 PM |  HyperSpin Started 
12:09:33 PM |  Going FullScreen 
12:09:33 PM |  Checking for updates 
12:09:33 PM |  Update Check Complete 
12:09:33 PM |  Startup program unavailable 
12:09:33 PM |  Playing intro video 
12:09:47 PM |  Menu Mode is multi 
12:09:47 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
12:09:48 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
12:09:48 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
12:09:53 PM |  Loading SNK Neo Geo.xml 
12:09:53 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
12:09:53 PM |  SNK Neo Geo wheel loaded successfully 
12:10:05 PM |  Launching Game 
12:10:05 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
12:10:05 PM |  Getting Launcher path 
12:10:05 PM |  Launcher located at P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
12:10:05 PM |  Running Launcher 
12:10:05 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "SNK Neo Geo" "mslug2"
12:10:22 PM |  Launching Game 
12:10:22 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
12:10:22 PM |  Getting Launcher path 
12:10:22 PM |  Launcher located at P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
12:10:22 PM |  Running Launcher 
12:10:22 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "SNK Neo Geo" "mslug3"
12:10:29 PM |  Launching Game 
12:10:29 PM |  Using HyperLaunch
12:10:29 PM |  Getting Launcher path 
12:10:29 PM |  Launcher located at P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe
12:10:29 PM |  Running Launcher 
12:10:29 PM |  Launcher Command Line is: P:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe "SNK Neo Geo" "mslug3"
12:10:34 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
12:10:34 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
12:10:34 PM |  Main Menu wheel loaded successfully 
12:10:42 PM |  Loading MAME.xml 
12:10:43 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 
12:10:44 PM |  MAME wheel loaded successfully 

I am dealing with this same exact situation right now, except i am using hyperlaunch instead of rocketlauncher, but as you describe , its doing the same exact thing. I have figured out that the MAME.ahk file is causing it. It is In the hyperspin/modules/mame folder. There are 3 files in there. I changed the name on the one named (mame .140 BBB) to mame and now it works fine.  I dont know what drawbacks are to using this other .ahk file.

6 hours ago, Psicosis said:

I am dealing with this same exact situation right now, except i am using hyperlaunch instead of rocketlauncher, but as you describe , its doing the same exact thing. I have figured out that the MAME.ahk file is causing it. It is In the hyperspin/modules/mame folder. There are 3 files in there. I changed the name on the one named (mame .140 BBB) to mame and now it works fine.  I dont know what drawbacks are to using this other .ahk file.

Hyperlaunch is old and has no options for anything. That ahk that I assume BadBoyBill (HS creator) had made is for an old mame version (we are now at .212). Maybe you are using an old romset as well? If it works for you, that's cool but it's certainly not the right way to handle the problem with RL and a more modern romset.

@hooky13 you still there? I have specifically seen this behavior when the Default Plugin was set to Default or RLUI so I just wanted to cover my bases before going any further.

RL must exit to be able to launch another game, this is normal.

I switched to Windows 7 Ultimate from Windows 10 and the whole system is running smoother than before for sure. I think HS just runs better on 7. That being said I checked my settings an I do have them correct as you showed there was one that I didn’t and i did change it. The issue still persists but ONLY FOR NEO GEO games. I run with FB Alpha as my emu for NeoGeo. I can load up a neo geo game no problem but when i exit and try to load another doesn’t happen, cant load any other game on any system after the first initial neogeo game has been launched. Have to back fully out manually close out RL from status bar and restart to get it to work again. But if i select any other emulator MAME/NES/SNES/ETC I. Can run games/exit/and run more games no issues there, RL closes out like it should between each game/exit SO I can launch another. 

Still stumped on what is causing this. Maybe try another emu for neogeo although I have heard that FBALPHA is like the best for neogeo games. IDK.. at a loss here to figure this one out though.

Let me know if you have any other ideas and i really appreciate the assistance thus far!!

double check that when you run neogeo then exit neogeo, hyperlaunch or rocketlauncher has also exited. usually task manager is the best place to check but you might see it in the tray still running. If it is still running you cant launch anything else and you have a problem in the neo geo module or the emu if its not mame.

You can also try using the "exit script" keys. default is q + s if you havent changed them.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:27 PM, hooky13 said:

I switched to Windows 7 Ultimate from Windows 10 and the whole system is running smoother than before for sure. I think HS just runs better on 7. That being said I checked my settings an I do have them correct as you showed there was one that I didn’t and i did change it. The issue still persists but ONLY FOR NEO GEO games. I run with FB Alpha as my emu for NeoGeo. I can load up a neo geo game no problem but when i exit and try to load another doesn’t happen, cant load any other game on any system after the first initial neogeo game has been launched. Have to back fully out manually close out RL from status bar and restart to get it to work again. But if i select any other emulator MAME/NES/SNES/ETC I. Can run games/exit/and run more games no issues there, RL closes out like it should between each game/exit SO I can launch another. 

Still stumped on what is causing this. Maybe try another emu for neogeo although I have heard that FBALPHA is like the best for neogeo games. IDK.. at a loss here to figure this one out though.

Let me know if you have any other ideas and i really appreciate the assistance thus far!!

Great if it's only NEOGEO, then it is more than likely the module. You will want to post a "troubleshooting" log over on the RL forums.

1. set log to Troubleshooting here:

842800498_RLloglvl.PNG.02ca068c6975f53832e1a158c3e67589.PNG

2. Run a NeoGeo game and then exit, you can easily kill RL if its still running by clicking the stop sign here:

520372133_rlrunning.PNG.855ba6005afbebc2c3740a163070d5ef.PNG

3. People who may read/respond to the thread don't want to scroll through the whole log just to read previous comments so don't paste it right into thread (they can be quite long especially on mobile devices). In the very least wrap it in "code tags"... or upload the log to a site called pastebin and just share the link.

You can post it here and someone may know... but since it is a RL module I think you will have better luck over there. Agent47 is a genius with these things.

Archived