Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hard drive set up

skellington

can hyperspin be fully set up in a hard drive or external hard drive? I was installing it in my C local drive and it was a pain it keep asking me about permission or do this as an admin for every single thing I opened or moved out of place. it was incredible frustrating. I had to delete it I want to start fresh in a new hard drive where the destination folder is simpler.

7 hours ago, skellington said:

can hyperspin be fully set up in a hard drive or external hard drive? I was installing it in my C local drive and it was a pain it keep asking me about permission or do this as an admin for every single thing I opened or moved out of place. it was incredible frustrating. I had to delete it I want to start fresh in a new hard drive where the destination folder is simpler.

Yeah, you can use higher letters in order to avoid any conflict, Z is a good one. RocketLauncher and Retroarch use relative paths automatically, unless you specify other drivers than where RL or RA are installed.
There are minor tweaks to the Settings.ini you can make in order to make it even more portable, and that should do the trick, mostly. All new installations, i.e., when you install a new Windows, you usually need to install VCRedist(s), DirectX, BebasNeue font for the RL default fades.

In short, if you have the "Emulators" and "Roms" folders in the same directory tree where RL is, specially in the root of the Hyperspin folder, all the above checked, you should be good.

Archived