Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin modified for RetroArch 32bit (aka Retroarch_ra32)

Honosuseri

21 hours ago, monoculero said:

Hello. I am from Spain, and a Nvidia Shield user. Install Hyperspin 0.1.8_Hono, later Retroarch_ra32_1.8.8 and configure it downloading cores, asets and other things. When I run a selected game on Hyperspin, always get a black screen. What am I doing wrong? This is my mame.ini file on settings folder:

Thanks for the work!

Do your MAME games work in just Retroarch? There are different cores to use for different MAME romsets and I have no idea which set you are using. it's best to know the games play first before you worry about the frontend Hyperspin. Remember your .ini files to be used live in the "Settings_Android" folder. "Settings" is for a PC setup, these folders are separate for those who want to use an external USB drive and switch it between a PC and an STV

2 hours ago, monoculero said:

Ok, the parameters are incorrect. I have done some custom system, like cps, and these are correctly funcionals. 

The error was mine, because on retroarch the roms are working like a charm. 

Thanks for help. 

Happy to hear you sussed it out. Part of the reason I modded Hyperspin to use RA32 was so we got that Mame2010 core to use, it's missing in the 64 bit version of RetroArch.

All the best with your setup, have fun with it!

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 11:57 AM, Honosuseri said:

Right guys as some of you are aware Google changed how things work on the Google Play Store a while back, when we install an app it will use the 32 or 64 bit version depending on what's native to the device. As we're mainly focused on the Shield TV here on the Android part of the forum, it is a 64 bit device. This has proved to be a bit of an issue for those of us who love Retroarch as there are some serious differences between the 32bit and 64bit versions. In a nutshell currently we have access to more cores for us to play our retro systems on the 32 bit version. RetroArch provide a RetroArch_ra32.apk which is a dedicated 32bit version we can sideload/install and use, however Hyperspin is NOT setup to use this version as some of the paths changed.

So...I decompiled the Hyperspin.apk and made the necessary changes (yes including the config path) to solely use RA_32. I've done some limited testing with RA_32 (1.8.7) and it seems a okay to me (even the Daphne test core works) however I don't use screen overlays or really bother with alternate config setups (in truth I've not used the STV in many months!). Feel free to download it and test yourselves, obviously backup your essential files AND do remember the .ini files need to be adjusted to use RA32....

exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
becomes
exe=com.retroarch.ra32/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture

It's easy enough to open all your .ini files with notepad++. Use the Search and replace feature to find com.retroarch/ and replace to com.retroarch.ra32/ do this for all opened files then save all.

Those who use adopted storage it's wise to move the Retroarch_ra32 app to internal storage after installing AND before running it for the first time. Let me know how it works for you, I'll do a Youtube video to help those less experienced with setting up Hyperspin when I know it's working 100% and I have the free time.

Mega Link for Hyperspin_0.1.8_Hono.apk (https://mega.nz/file/zQNBCYKI#QVrG4uVVmvXHshl8LbosQi7LAjQmUA09R5k_YqhcMBI)
RetroArch_ra32 (1.8.8) newest stable version at time of posting (http://buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.8.8/android/)

Greetings,

Newbie here, i just wanted to point out i am probably one of the first to be using Nvidia Shield 2019 32-bit (Tube version), so now i am confused what Retroarch i have installed, before the site got hacked, i managed to download the 1.9.0 version which is running all games fine, MAME, SNES, PSX, etc.

Now i managed to get Hyperspin working ie just the wheels and videos load, but am stuck on the dreaded message "cannot load or execute rom" or something like that which now gets me to speculate if i am using ra_32 or not, no idea. Note that all my roms are on SMB external drive (4 TB), which Retroarch can see and run smoothly, so what happens for Shield Tube 32-bit, do they need this command, or it's native 32-bit, also since Hyperspin is working i assume that is the 32-bit version running since i can't run Dolphin, but i can run Nintendo 64 roms fine, anyhow, maybe someone should make a separate Tutorial for people using Nvidia Shield 2019 (Tube Version) because i have tried everything, changing rompath, changing paths etc.. nothing works, which means it has to be the retroarch_32?

Appologies if this is confusing but i am a bit frustrated :) (like most newbies...)

P.S: Do i need the modded Hyperspin to solve my issue, here is my  .ini (my system name is ROMSTER2 which has a shared folder Hyperspin located on the 4TB)

[exe info]
path=
rompath=/storage/ROMSTER2/Hyperspin/Emulators/Nintendo 64/roms
userompath=true
exe=com.retroarch/com.retroarch.browser.retroactivity.RetroActivityFuture
parameters=cores/mupen64plus_next_gles3_libretro_android.so
romextension=n64
searchsubfolders=true
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

I also tried Dreamcast (Reicast works fine)

[exe info]
path=
rompath=/storage/ROMSTER2/Hyperspin/Emulators/Sega Dreamcast/roms
userompath=true
exe=com.reicast.emulator/com.reicast.emulator.MainActivity
romextension=CDI,cdi
parameters=
searchsubfolders=
pcgame=false
winstate=HIDDEN
hyperlaunch=true

mupen64plus_next_gles3_libretro_android.so works in Retroarch, i assume i am using 32-bit... 

Regards,

On 8/23/2020 at 7:20 AM, oyehia said:

Greetings,

Newbie here, i just wanted to point out i am probably one of the first to be using Nvidia Shield 2019 32-bit (Tube version), so now i am confused what Retroarch i have installed, before the site got hacked, i managed to download the 1.9.0 version which is running all games fine, MAME, SNES, PSX, etc.

You'd know better than me, you are the one who downloaded the file and installed it. Retroarch.apk is the 32bit, aarch64 is 64bit, ra32 is a separate dedicated 32bit build. Hyperspin needed modding to use ra32.

Sounds to me like your issues are the rom path as you're doing it over a NAS. It can be done, someone mentioned earlier in this thread they are running multiple STVs from a samba share. Edit one of your .ini files so under filters "roms only = True". If you load that wheel and nothing shows then then rompath is wrong. If set as "roms only = False" it's just showing everything listed in the database.xml file whether you have it or not.

@Honosuseri

Thanks for this fix! I was using the alternate method of removing the .ra32 from the retroarch apk, which worked but requires more manual editing every time retroarch updates. This is a much, much simpler way to fix the issue! Especially since the hyperspin android side of things seems to be dead, so its installed once and done. :)

Have you considered modifying it to support the other versions such as 64 bit for use with flycast?

How are you making the modification? I opened the apk up and was looking at the contents, but I am assuming you somehow edited the .so files. I could not figure how and where the edit is being made. 

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe this has nothing to do with this particular version of Hyperspin/Retroarch but is there a particular way to use a Shield Controller with Playstation games using pcsx_rearmed_libretro_android.so?

It starts the rom perfectly no issues, my Shield controller shows like it's mapped but just not usable at all.. should I be doing something special? I thought it was setup through the autoconfig process...

• 6 months later...
On 8/30/2020 at 11:20 PM, thebbandit said:

@Honosuseri

Thanks for this fix! I was using the alternate method of removing the .ra32 from the retroarch apk, which worked but requires more manual editing every time retroarch updates. This is a much, much simpler way to fix the issue! Especially since the hyperspin android side of things seems to be dead, so its installed once and done. :)

Have you considered modifying it to support the other versions such as 64 bit for use with flycast?

How are you making the modification? I opened the apk up and was looking at the contents, but I am assuming you somehow edited the .so files. I could not figure how and where the edit is being made. 

A little later than expected, but here you go Bandit.

I've tested the modified version with 2019 No Clutter Classics. RetroArch 64bit + flycast_libretro_android is working great. I'm also launching RetroArch 32Bit + mame2010_libretro_android from the same build without issues. 
BTW, I use "different" nicknames around the internet. I'm the person that recently reached out about Turok's artwork.
Your collection is great. I hope to see a refreshed version soon ;).

3 hours ago, thebbandit said:

you rock! testing it out, might finally make an update to the video now that there is some good news to actually share XD

Let me know how it goes. I guess that you will have lots of things to explore. Quite a few cores are currently working better in aarch64. Specially Vulkan stuff.

I'm mainly on 5th Gen consoles.

Mupen64Plus-Next + Parallel RDP runs great. I'm actually upscaling to 1440p without losing performance on my Shield (even Golden Eye and Perfect Dark). Some games can even be pushed to 4K. I'm not getting this combination of performance + accuracy even with Mupen64Plus FZ.

Swanstation core is also running great, although falling behind compared to DuckStation's master (DuckStation unfortunately still needs some tweaks to run on NVIDIA Shield. Once it does I may "hack" HyperSpin to launch it as well). I managed to run Driver 2 upscaled to 4k with PGXP enabled.

For 6th gen: Flycast is running great. Dolphin is still somewhat hit and miss (IMO, standalone is still better).

Haven't had the time to play with PPSSPP or Saturn cores yet.

Archived