Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help with video snaps from EmuMuovies not appearing for NES

jtb1987

Hi All,

I have been playing around with my Mame cab lately and have recently attempted to add the "Nintendo Entertainment System" to the list of systems (previously I only had different arcade manufacturers and only using the MAME emulator). I have HyperSpin as the front end and had previously successfully used HyperSync to get all arcade video snaps to work.

I have everything setup where Nintendo Entertainment System is showing up on the wheel, launching games through the NES emulator great. I used HyperSync to download all EmuMovies content for NES and all artwork and a lot of animation/themes seem to have synced fine and appear on the wheel. The videos also synced/downloaded and I see them in the media folder; however, the mass majority of them are failing to load on the wheel.

It seems like an odd mix of issues:

• I've did a visual scan between the rom names and the video names and they seem to match
  • Some NES videos play on the wheel but very few
  • Some I can hear the audio when I cycle through them on the wheel but no video
  • I have windows media player, windows classic media player and VLC all downloaded and installed. I also have the k-lite codec pack installed. All the mp4 videos play on VLC and windows classic media player, they do NOT play on the windows media player.
  • All the MAME/arcade video snaps play just fine in hyperspin, they are also all mp4 format, they also came from EmuMovies
  • I have an intel board but am not using an integrated graphics cards
  • It appears that the only videos that work are the ones where there is a game theme/animation when highlighted on the wheel

Thanks for any help!

post a picture of your problem 

and you might want to download this

You can click a system and  do a rom and media check

it will give you a full list of what you have (green)  and don't have (red)

more importantly  you can click on the CleanUp  tab

select a system and it will give you all the orphan files for a system 

some times you think your media names match but know that  Hyperspin  media names are case sensitive.

1 hour ago, 32assassin said:

post a picture of your problem 

and you might want to download this

You can click a system and  do a rom and media check

it will give you a full list of what you have (green)  and don't have (red)

more importantly  you can click on the CleanUp  tab

select a system and it will give you all the orphan files for a system 

some times you think your media names match but know that  Hyperspin  media names are case sensitive.

Thank you for the support! I've attached 2 images. The first is my directory with the NES videos, one of them being "10 yard fight". Next image is what it appears on my hyperspin wheel for NES when that particular game is highlighted, I would expect the video to play but there is no action occuring.

I'm curious if it may have something to do with there not being a "theme" for all the games. The only videos that play in the NES wheel are those that have an accompanying theme in the theme folder for NES. 

So for this example, there is no theme for "10 yard fight" and thus no video is played.

For games that do not have a specialized theme created for them from HyperSync/EmuMovies, is there a default theme you can set as a "catch all" for all remaining games?

Thanks for your help and I will definitely check out the audit tool you linked!

nes no video.png

nes videos.png

I figured it out. I needed a default theme (note it has to be labeled "Default" in the NES system theme folder). So whenever there is not a custom theme present for a selected game, it will use the default and thus provide a place where the video snap to pay. Hope this can maybe help someone else in the future, thanks again!

Archived