Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

GPU for a Phenom X2 555

seryu

Hello,

i´m preparing the hardware to build my first pinball cabinet with 2 screens for Visual & Future pinball.

I have following:

CPU: Dualcore Phenom II x2 555 Black Edition (3200Mhz)

Motherboard: ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO

RAM: 4Gb DDR3 Kingston 1333mhz

Backglass: EIZO L367 15"

I will buy a BENQ 24" GL2460 for the playfield.

My doubts are with the GPU. At first my option was a GTS250, but I´ve changed into a GeForce GTS 450 1GB.

Will this be enough or should I go for a higher model? If yes, which one?

And second question. Should I increase the RAM to 8Gb?

Thanks!

most people tend to go with a 660ti 2gb

I'm sure some one can answer the question on whether upping to 8gb from 4 on a pinball machine will make a difference. the cost is not that great.

the biggest speed increase would be to use an SSD rather than a normal HD (if you are not using one already).

I have a 120GB version in my cab and have just under 60GB free

• 2 months later...

I know this thread is a bit older so not sure where you are with your build but 2 things:

1. Try to unlock your x2 555. Most can be unlocked in your BIOS to 4 cores. I have mine unlocked and overclocked to 4Ghz with no issues. This will allow you to segregate your processes to specific cores and basically double your CPU for free.

2. Depending on your OS, I would suggest a higher end model card - at least a GTX460 1GB, but these days I think most people are running something newer

Archived