Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Followed Tutorials but get weird error

maliusmaximus

Hi all, 

Ive been following the tutorial series and have taken all the steps, however when I try to launch any game I get the error:

cant find hyperspin/databases/future pinball/future pinball.xml

same error no matter what game I launch or system. cant find future pinball.

im launching in rocketlauncher as advised in tutorial

any ideas?

thanks heaps

Future pinball isn't even one of the systems available in a new setup. Is this some sort of old download/setup?

Anyway, first thing I would do is make sure HS and RL are connected properly:

Then proceed to set up one system at a time. For Mame for example, go to "global" --> "emulators", double click on Mame and then the magnifying glass to tell RL where mame64.exe is located.

After that, click Mame on the left panel instead of global. Here you tell RL where your roms are located and what emulator you want to use by default.

That's all there really is to launching, it's the easy part. You still have to get all your controls the way you like. And artwork is what the real time-consuming part is.

20 minutes ago, Spawk said:

Future pinball isn't even one of the systems available in a new setup. Is this some sort of old download/setup?

Anyway, first thing I would do is make sure HS and RL are connected properly:

Then proceed to set up one system at a time. For Mame for example, go to "global" --> "emulators", double click on Mame and then the magnifying glass to tell RL where mame64.exe is located.

After that, click Mame on the left panel instead of global. Here you tell RL where your roms are located and what emulator you want to use by default.

That's all there really is to launching, it's the easy part. You still have to get all your controls the way you like. And artwork is what the real time-consuming part is.

Thanks I reverified everything and its all correct, exactly as per tutorials and your guidance. Running the very latest version of hyperspin, mame, rl etc.. this is a completely new system with every app installed to very latest version directly from developer. 
Problem persists

Further clarification:

followed the set of tutorials to the letter by avar

all latest lists installed

Mame and retro arch are installed. v0.226 on mame, retro arch is v 1.9 or something.

all lists have been downloaded from hyperlist

all roms have been run through dons.. however dons now crashes on any type of scan function .

have tried re planting roms and nto running through dons. rl recognizes almost all... but still same error about future pinball.

mame.xml has been re downlaoded, hash checked against previous, also opened and scanned it visually. its all kosher

I overwrote the AHL file. Problem persists.

"In RLUI set the log to "troubleshooting": Then try to run a game one time. It will create a log here: Take that log and upload it topastebin.com"

It says i exceeded max size on pastebin. I've attached the log as xml

for reference I assume what u mean with above is to go to the log viwer tab. i set minimum severity to debug then hit refresh.

thx :)

log.xml

I don’t have future pinball on my set up but you’re error says you need the xml file for it. Maybe use rom2xml to create an xml file with all the tables you have. This is what I’ve done with other system. If you don’t have an xml the games won’t show in the wheel when you click on it in Hyperspin 

3 minutes ago, Mrmikey73 said:

I don’t have future pinball on my set up but you’re error says you need the xml file for it. Maybe use rom2xml to create an xml file with all the tables you have. This is what I’ve done with other system. If you don’t have an xml the games won’t show in the wheel when you click on it in Hyperspin 

Thanks, the thing is that I've never heard of this game and not sure what's causing this error. I wonder if I were to create a fake xml for whatever this is, if it will just scroll down to to next game in whatever list its referring to and tell me that I dont have that either. It would be good to get at the root cause of this, especially considering this is a totally fresh install on a brand new system

14 minutes ago, Mrmikey73 said:

Ok I see it’s trying to run a Mame game but looking for Future pinball xml. It found the mame rom. My guess is it’s a setting somewhere like skip checks or something 

ok great thanks. Where should i be looking to fix this and what should i be looking for

You need to check if you have a mame xml under Hyperspin databases. If you do go into rocket launcher folder rocket launcherui databases and copy the folder from the Hyperspin data base into the rocket launcher database. They should be the same file

If you are setup correctly there is no need to copy to RL. It should read the databases right from HS.

Someone just posted mame .226 XMLs not too long ago if you want good matches. Dons tools are old and not really needed.

I am at work for just a couple of hours but can help more then. I have never seen something like this before though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived