Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

SNK AES,MVS, Classics?

shredder

Hi All - I have a massive bezel organization  project I'm working on and I've reached the SNK section that I'm trying to organize properly and I've gotten a little confused on the actual difference between these systems. I think that SNK AES is the console and carts while MVS is the acrade version of the same games....what is SNK Classics? A mixture of the two? What would be proper on this from an Emulator Perspective or Rlauncher perspective? Currently All my neo geo stuff comes from mame...I was categorizing this under SNK Classics...But I think that may no longer be correct and now think that it is SNK Neog Geo MVS...can someone help clarify please? 

The interesting thing about AES/MVS is that they used the exact same media. Inside the arcade cabinets were actual (modified) consoles and cartridges.

“SNK Classics” is just another one of the ways people like to split their Mame wheel up into several wheels. Just like Capcom classics, Konami classics, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep all the same. Use them wherever you see fit. I never owned that console and only ever played these games in the arcade so these are all in my MAME wheel.

SNK probably does have some games that were released pre MVS that you could populate a classics wheel with??? I am not sure, I also don't split my MAME wheel into separate "classics" collections.

Archived