Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin Exit from game/Select new game (issue with selecting new rom after exit)

sig599

Hey all-

Sorry if this has been addressed. Using build 1909 for Windows. Hyperspin functioning fine, can boot and select initial ROM and run, zero issues. When I back out or exit, upon attempting to select new ROM, nothing occurs? Anyone address this?

Thanks-

Sig

Sounds like a classic "focus" issue. You can't input to just any open window, it has to be the currently selected window. So in essence the emulator isn't closing cleanly... or HS wasn't the last window to have "focus", like something altering the "tabbing" order???

To confirm this is the case, next time try clicking with a mouse somewhere on screen and see if the controls become responsive again in a second or 2.

RocketLauncher has a setting called "Restore Frontend On Exit" that may help if this is the situation:

RL-restoreFE.thumb.PNG.18c9ef0ca1cc819bb7487b81ad98b14c.PNG

There are two options: "Restore" and "Restore and click". There is also a "Suspend Frontend" just above that. A combination of these settings might work.

No dice. Went into Rocket Launcher UI and toggled between Restore, Restore and click and false. All options result in same behavior. Ability to select and launch a Rom, upon exit and selection of another game.......nothing. Very frustrating.

Ok so after a bit of tinkering found that it was apps/tabs in the background. I toggled all startup apps off, i.e. processes that could be running in the background simultaneously. If MAME begins running like that for you, open task manager and close things you believe to be interfering. Seemed to work fine then. Cheers.

Archived