Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Virtual Boy and NEC TGX 16 - Launch issues

delt31

Hi guys - no issues with hyperspin launching my other systems.  On a nvidia shield.

Wheel works, roms are recognized - hyperspin crashes as soon as I launch a game.   I tested launching the rom from retroarch and it works perfectly so it’s def a hyperspin config issue.

I believe it has to be tied to the settings android for VB but I checked it and it seems fine.  I believe it’s the core line item if I had to guess.  Here is what mine says

parameters=cores/beetle_vb_libretro_android.so

Can someone share their settings for a working VB hyperspin?

EDIT - same issue with turbografx 16 which also uses a beetle core.  Might be the same settings ini issue as everything shows up well.

Thanks

11 hours ago, delt31 said:

You’re a genius!  That worked.  Thanks

You're welcome!

FYI you can load the core in RetroArch and go to core info, worth going there anyway to see if the core requires BIOS files and what file extensions are supported. You'll now find an option to backup the core which puts it in the RetroArch Downloads folder which you can view with a file manager like X-plore. The core's filename is what you use in the parameters line of the .ini file, it's handy to backup cores in case the online buildbot goes down or the core goes AWOL. Mame 2010 did disappear for a long time and without root access on the STV we couldn't backup the cores back in the day.

Archived