Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mute or remove sounds in a theme?

Gunner

Hi I have moved our arcade machine to the main floor and I'm trying to silence it when running in attract mode.

Some game themes seem to have sound built into them.. Assault and Robocop as examples.

I believe there are embedded into the themes themselves as I've removed all the game sounds, etc in all the Hyperspin media folders.

Can anyone advise me on how to remove these or silence them?

Thanks in advance..

10 hours ago, Gunner said:

Hi I have moved our arcade machine to the main floor and I'm trying to silence it when running in attract mode.

Some game themes seem to have sound built into them.. Assault and Robocop as examples.

I believe there are embedded into the themes themselves as I've removed all the game sounds, etc in all the Hyperspin media folders.

Can anyone advise me on how to remove these or silence them?

Thanks in advance..

Try to disable the Media/MAME/Sound folder.

Once removed the sound is gone (just tested on Robocop) though mine was easy to find as it had a background music folder in it with robocop.mp3

Hmm no luck here. Looks like I already cleared those out before.

I just opened the Robocop theme in HyperTheme for kicks and the sound bite plays when I test the theme..

'dead or alive you're coming with me'

So I guess that confirms it's embedded in the theme. I unzipped the theme and there is no sound file present.

There is one 'Shockwave Flash Object' file (Artwork1) so I guess it has to be part of that.

No idea on how to remove the audio from it though

6 hours ago, Gunner said:

Hmm no luck here. Looks like I already cleared those out before.

I just opened the Robocop theme in HyperTheme for kicks and the sound bite plays when I test the theme..

'dead or alive you're coming with me'

So I guess that confirms it's embedded in the theme. I unzipped the theme and there is no sound file present.

There is one 'Shockwave Flash Object' file (Artwork1) so I guess it has to be part of that.

No idea on how to remove the audio from it though

See if this Robocop plays music ?

On my setup, no music.

robocop.zip