Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Help Building Bartop Cabinet

blaudo

Hey guys!

I'm working on getting everything needed to build my cabinet and was just stuck on once piece of the puzzle. I'm not too sure how the wiring of the internals should work if i want to connect the bartop to the wall outlet using a single plug. I mean i know i could use a power bar and have a switch in the back to turn it on and off, but i dont think constantly cutting the power to my internal PC and monitor would play out too well in the long run.

As well, I've been looking for methods on mounting the motherboard inside my cabinet on the threads but couldn't find anything concrete. I know the board has to get in there somehow but i'm not sure how exactly. Like do i just screw it into the base of the cab, or do i attach it to a metal case then place the case on the bottom.

I know my question's pretty vague but anything helps..

THANK YOUU

You will need a momentary input for your PC to turn on, unless your bios supports boot up when power is applied. The simplest way to accomplish this if your bios doesn't support it is to add a simple momentary button to the cabinet. This would be wired to your motherboard power switch. As for mounting the motherboard you can use almost any non conductive material as standoffs and simple wood screws works. If you want it to look nicer you can buy actual stand offs from electronics vendors online and screw them through the wood.

I'm using a Smart Power Strip. The computer power supply is the "master" device. The monitor and anything else are "slave "devices. The power strip cord runs out the back to an outlet. The computer power button is connected to an arcade button.

Pressure the button, everything turns on. Press it again, Windows shuts down and everything turns off.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Archived